Opera Ventures is looking for an experienced, passionate, highly motivated professional with venture capital and/or private equity experience to join our investment fund as its Managing Director. As the Managing Director, you’ll lead the gun in portfolio construction, sourcing the deal flow and financing transactions in the fast-paced Latin-American technology start-up market. As the Managing Director you’ll have the chance to thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment helping us build the next generation of innovation companies of this part of the world.
• Provide strong end to end hands-on leadership for all that’s related with the investment flow and portfolio general management.
• Structure, develop and validate business opportunities along with an investment case.
• Develop strong relationships with entrepreneurs and other venture capital firms.
• For each company marked as a potential investment, build a full understanding of the market opportunity, growth, sales, operations and other key elements.
• Actively support portfolio companies ensuring goals and performance achievement.
• 8 or more years of experience as an Associate or Director at a Venture Capital or Private Equity firm in the latAm markets.
• Experience in financial modeling, asset allocation and investment decision making.
• Exceptional leadership and problem solving skills.
• Self starter with a passion for excellence and tolerance for ambiguity and change.
• Experience in super growth environments is highly valued.
• Strong analytical, number oriented and communications skills.
• Fully bilingual (Spanish & English) Portuguese would be a super plus.
This position can be based in Miami, Bogotá, México City or Sao Paulo
If interested, please apply here.