Builders Vision (BV) is an impact platform dedicated to promoting a humane and healthy planet. Builders Vision includes a range of impact investing and philanthropic capabilities to support, seed and scale sustainable agriculture, food systems, renewable energy, and ocean health. Today it encompasses a venture and growth equity group (S2G Ventures), an asset management team (Builders Asset Management), and a family foundation (Builders Initiative). We are guided collectively by the belief that markets can and should benefit society and the environment and that the most successful businesses in the future will be those that are purpose-driven. Our vision is “a humane and healthy planet,” which we relentlessly pursue and advance through our mission, “shifting markets and minds for good.” Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are at the core of our mission to shift markets and minds for good. We believe the change we want to see toward a humane and healthy planet starts with us. We understand that diversity, equity, inclusion and justice are long-term commitments, and while we aspire to be a catalyst for change, our journey starts from within. We are committed to learning from others and doing the work to become a more diverse, equitable, inclusive and just organization, and will seek to promote those same values in the world around us. We know that a diverse workforce allows everyone to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to achieve the organization’s mission. We actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About S2G Ventures
S2G Ventures is a multi-stage venture fund investing in food / agriculture, oceans / seafood, and energy globally. The fund’s mission is to invest in trailblazing entrepreneurs to build a humane and healthy planet. S2G Oceans & Seafood Fund takes a multi-stage, multi-sector approach to investing with a preference for emerging and enabling technologies across the multitude of ocean-related industries. For more information about S2G, please visit https://www.s2gventures.com/oceans-seafood.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join one of the leading venture capital investment firms committed to sustainability and climate action. S2G Oceans and Seafood Fund is looking for a Vice President to play a key role in the continued development of our inaugural fund launched in 2020 and the development of future funds. As a key member of the team, the Vice President will manage the investment team; lead investment sourcing, diligence and execution; and oversee portfolio management. The Vice President will work with senior members of the firm across our funds and have extensive interaction with company management teams, boards, and external advisors. S2G is looking for a senior professional who is looking to grow with the firm as it looks to develop the strategy for future ocean-focused funds supporting climate resilience.
This role will be essential in scaling the fund’s investment platform and team capacity. Therefore, we are looking for someone who has extensive investment experience and has managed investment processes and teams. The Vice President is responsible for leading the due diligence and research efforts of the investment team and will work with portfolio company executives to employ S2G’s investment and operating model to drive investor returns and impact.
Key responsibilities Include:
The position is designed for an individual with extensive investment and management experience who is interested in applying their skills toward early stage investing, the various industries within the blue economy, and business operations. Responsibilities include:
- Working as part of the investment team to evaluate and execute investments, including managing the diligence process, financial, technology, and valuation analyses, memo preparation, investment closings and documents, and post-investment management
- Diving into new markets, developing theses around industry trends and market opportunities, and constructing competitive analyses
- Sourcing investments by identifying and evaluating potential investment opportunities and constructing frameworks to surface new opportunities
- Building and maintaining internal systems, models, and portfolio performance tracking worksheets
- Organizing internal and external reporting with a focus on quarterly LP reports and CEO summits
- Assisting with the coordination and management of external contractors and consultants
- Training and managing the Associate investment team
- Drive cross-office collaboration with other S2G funds and Builders Vision platforms
- S2G as an organization is focused first on culture–engaging with humility and kindness is as important as the skills that you bring to the role
- Strong investment background having completed numerous transactions while at a venture, private equity firm
- Experience managing capitalization tables, term sheet structuring, and waterfall analysis
- Has led legal documentation and closing processes, preferably for venture capital investments
- Solid understanding of entrepreneurship and emerging companies, and experience with multiple business models, financial modeling, due diligence processes, technology trends and a genuine interest in Oceans and Seafood
- High intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial, analytical, creative thinker and problem-solver, fast learner, with demonstrated initiative
- Good networker, with an ability to grow our network and process for identifying investment opportunities
- Excellent writer, communicator, and listener with superior relationship skills and comfort regularly interacting with strangers
- High level of maturity and ability to work in a team setting or independently
- MBA or Advanced Degree strongly preferred
- Experience in the seafood industry or related Oceans industries preferred
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, partners and entrepreneurs
All offers of employment are contingent on verification of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and a background check.