HV is deeply committed to ESG and wants to bring in a senior expert at VP level to lead our approach to ESG. This person will take over what we have already worked on for the past two years and is a strategic team member.
This role will be – by the nature of ESG- manifold, but the primary workstreams are:
1. Responsible Investment Management
As the VP of ESG, you will collaborate with our ~20 investment team members in Early & Growth to further deepen HV’s knowledge of ESG aspects in our investment sectors. You will design frameworks and tools to ensure we can integrate ESG into our core processes pragmatically.
We believe that ESG is not only about spotting risks; our responsibility is to find value-creation opportunities and support the portfolio in building responsible and sustainable businesses.
Thereby your role also entails the following:
- Evolve HV’s framework, processes and systems for responsible investment decisions and ESG assessments pre-investment
- Collaborate with the investment teams on ESG support for the existing +100 portfolio companies in at early and growth stages
- Be an expert on material ESG topics in HV’s investment scope and be the go-to resource internally and externally.
- Design a pragmatic approach to advise startup teams in our portfolio on ESG, e.g., a series of workshops, onboarding sessions, access to resources and other alleys of knowledge sharing.
- Lead the communication of HV’s ESG initiatives and achievements in collaboration with our VP of Marketing
- Exchange insights and align on approaches to increasing DEI commitment and other social aspects with HV’s VP of Talent in the portfolio
- Exchange and co-create with other VCs on best practices
- Be an advocate for ESG in Venture Capital.
2. ESG in HV’s operations
We practice what we preach. We fully embrace ESG as a way to create transparency, ownership and responsibility – also in our internal operations. You are a key driver of this.
- Fully take ownership of ESG reporting and data collection, quantitatively and in the overall narrative. Cooperate with our Legal and finance colleagues to integrate ESG into our overall fund reporting.
- Ensure HV’s compliance with SFDR and regulatory developments in ESG.
- Actively contribute on behalf of HV in ESG communities and drive industry advocacy; represent HV in the Steering Committee of VentureESG.
- Develop partnerships with expert networks and resources on ESG topics.
- Take ownership of ESG DDQs, LP inquiries and reporting requests.
- Ensure HV’s operations are in line with our commitment to ESG.
- You have a track record in ESG, preferably, whilst not necessarily, combined with a background in Venture Capital or Private Equity. You are confident in working with
- SFDR, RTS, PAI, UNPRI, SDGs and all the ESG acronyms are part of your language and domain of knowledge. Not only in theory.
- You have a knack for startups and see how the tech sector can contribute to solving some of the world’s challenges.
- You are encouraged to drive ESG in Venture Capital and are eager to see what part the private financial market can play in ESG.
- You’re English is impeccable in writing and speaking. You know language is a big part of your work – you are a conscientious communicator.
We want to cast a wider net for our talent pool to bring more diversity into our team. Hence, we want to encourage non-traditional candidates to apply. We offer this job full-time but accommodate flexibility for caregivers.