The FLEETCOR Corporate Development Team is currently seeking a Vice President (“VP”) of Corporate Venture Capital (“CVC”) to lead early-stage and growth equity globally. In addition to the sourcing, evaluation, and execution of early-stage investments, the VP of CVC will be responsible for other strategic transactions in collaboration with senior business leaders, such as JVs, key commercial partnerships, and other “special”/unique transactions.
During the last 5 years, FLEETCOR has completed 10 minority investments, 6 of which occurred during the most recent 12 months. Given this accelerating pace of investment and our desire to further accelerate, we’re seeking a dedicated team member to lead these efforts.
At times and as capacity allows, the VP of CVC will also assist with more traditional M&A transactions with the broader Corporate Development team.
- Manage venture and other strategic transactions from strategy phase to post-closing activities
- Develop and implement CVC strategy, in collaboration with other senior leaders
- Create, source, and maintain a pipeline of inorganic growth opportunities
- Lead engagement and discussions with potential targets and strategic partners
- Perform all facets of diligence related to target companies, industries, and geographic markets
- Prepare and present investment update and approval materials to the FLEETCOR CEO and members of the senior leadership team
- Lead and liaise with various internal constituents (operating units, legal, financial, tax, HR, IT, M&A colleagues, etc.) and external advisors (accounting, legal, tax, etc.) as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree with high academic achievement required; MBA preferred
- 8 to 13 years of related M&A experience, with at least 3 years of experience in venture, growth equity, or corporate development experience (recent minority / growth investment experience preferred)
- Prior work experience in investment banking, transaction advisory services, consulting, principal investing and/or corporate development roles
- Successful record of leading, negotiating and executing growth equity or VC/CVC transactions from start to finish
- Ability to simultaneously lead multiple transactions at various stages independently
- Demonstrated ability to build meaningful relationships with internal and external constituents
- Maturity and presence to work with and present to senior executives and the CEO
- Superior financial and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects, and deliver quality results on a deadline
- Proven ability to develop strategic plans that meet business objectives
About The Company
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
If interested, please apply here.