There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
We believe that inclusion helps us thrive and grow at United across our collaborative Finance teams consisting of Financial Planning & Analysis, Internal Audit, Treasury, Global Procurement, Controllership, Investor Relations and more. These teams provide the financial fuel that keeps our operation running from providing detailed analyses of financial planning, performance, and forecasts to managing our investments and financial strategies. Our Finance team plays an integral role in making our airline profitable and successful by meeting our financial goals.
- Lead individual projects as we pursue strategic investment transactions.
- Lead 1 to 2 analysts and are responsible for completing and documenting fund investments.
- Leads efforts to work with the investment team to assess and implement project investments. This will include conducting due diligence, financial review and modelling, valuation, preparation of presentation material for investment committees, transaction execution, value creation, monitoring, and exiting
- Develop and conduct quarterly internal portfolio valuation and assist with portfolio reports and analytics for internal and external use
- Establishing relationships with management teams of portfolio companies
- Review financial models to analyze investment opportunities
- Capturing and synthesizing industry and market data
- Strategic advisory to portfolio companies to lead towards key achievements, including supervising and implementing improvements
- Portfolio company management: tracking of operational and financial milestones, preparation of financial summaries and reports, cash flow forecasting and assessments (including evaluate the need and timing of capital raises)
- Synthesize all due diligence findings into investment memorandums and presentations
- Preparation of presentation material for investment committees, transaction execution, value creation, and monitoring
- Writing comprehensive due diligence reports
- This position will be hybrid at our Willis Tower office in Chicago, IL or our Corporate Support Center in Houston, TX
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table.
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-9+ years of related experience inclusive of 5+ years of experience in the airline industry or 5+ years in investment banking, venture capital or private equity
- Prior experience in a finance, strategy, or consulting organization
- Strong background in financial and business strategy analysis
- Experience building three-statement financial models and performing comprehensive valuation analyses
- Self-starter with ambitious approach, intellectual curiosity
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to lead workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is a crucial function of the position
- Investment banking experience
- Venture capital experience
- Private equity experience
- Asset management experience
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Master’s degree
- Experience in undertaking due diligence processes and reviewing finance and legal documentation
- Strong understanding of private market investments
- Ideal candidate also has interest (personal and professional) in aviation, travel, energy, and sustainability
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.