Next Era Energy Resources
NextEra Energy Resources is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
NextEra’s mission is to lead the decarbonization of America by working to become the preferred partner for customers in every industry who share our vision of a sustainable, carbon-free future.
The Venture Capital Principal will join NextEra Energy Investments’ Enterprise Technology team. NextEra Energy Investments supports NextEra’s mission by backing companies building innovative products that will help NextEra grow efficiently and securely.
- Lead the research and sourcing of new investments in Enterprise SaaS, AI/ML, Data & Analytics, Fintech and DevOps
- Manage all aspects of transaction evaluation and due diligence
- Negotiate with CEOs, VCs and attorneys to structure and execute investment transactions
- Prepare and present clear and compelling investment memos for NextEra’s top executives
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders in relevant NextEra business units
- Partner with portfolio companies on business development both inside and outside NextEra
- 7+ years of experience in top-tier venture capital, technology-related management consulting, investment banking or equivalent experience as a startup CEO/CTO
- Active network of investors, entrepreneurs, enterprise customers and subject matter experts available to help in sourcing, due diligence and business development
- Highly analytical thinking and ability to conduct rigorous, independent research
- Deep knowledge of Enterprise Tech sectors and systems, trends and opportunities
- Expertise in venture capital term sheets, deal documents and processes
- Expertise in financial analysis including forecasting, SaaS metrics, valuation and returns
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly and drive independent work with minimum guidance
- Leadership and management skills to help develop junior team members
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-paced venture team in its formative stages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Industry relevant bachelor’s degree (master’s preferable)
The Enterprise Technology investing team is based in Washington, DC and the San Francisco Bay Area. NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE), a Fortune 200 company included in the S&P 100 index, is headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida.
This role will be responsible for researching, screening, and evaluating potential venture capital investments. This position will source new opportunities and lead execution of transactions. Employees in this position conduct rigorous, independent research to evaluate potential investments.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and evaluate potential venture capital investments
- Source new opportunities and lead execution of transactions
- Conduct rigorous, independent research to evaluate potential investments
- Network and build professional relationships
- Lead teams for due diligence
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
- Master’s – Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Business Development
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.