Lerer Hippeau is an early-stage venture capital fund in New York. Our portfolio contains more than 300 leading consumer and enterprise companies, including Guideline, MIRROR, Blockdaemon, K Health, Allbirds, ZenBusiness, and Thrive, among others. We’re experienced operators who invest early and stay in our founders’ corners forever.
We’re looking for a full-time Principal to join our investment team. This person will take a leadership role in helping to manage and grow our Opportunity Fund, In this role, you will work side by side with our Partners to source and research new opportunities, conduct diligence, and support portfolio companies. At Lerer Hippeau, we’re an inclusive and flat organization. We have a strong track record of promoting from within and helping those on our team grow in their roles at our firm.
About the Principal position:
- Grow our network and source investment opportunities in sectors across SaaS, emerging tech, healthcare, consumer, fintech, and more. You should bring an existing proprietary network and strong outbound sourcing capabilities.
- Lead end to end research and diligence on companies while having strong conviction. You should have deep expertise in select sectors with the ability to come up to speed quickly on new industries and trends.
- Negotiate deals from start to finish with a strong understanding of relationship building, salesmanship, and deal fundamentals.
- Use and share best practices for building companies. Serve as a strategic thought partner to founders point person and deal champion within the firm.
- Work with companies post investment to help them hit key milestones. Serve as a strategic thought partner and the fund’s key point of contact,
- Build strong relationships with funds across all stages, founders, and operators in the ecosystem.
- 6–10 years of work experience with at least 2 years in VC.
- Deep understanding of the startup ecosystem and market trends.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including financial modeling, and cap table analysis.
- Outstanding communicator; you build rapport quickly and communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deep connections with relevant stakeholders and the ability to cultivate important relationships among founders, investors, and ecosystem partners.
- Intellectually curious about the industries we invest in and companies we work with.
- Creative; you look at things from a unique perspective and enjoy problem solving.
- Collaborative, hard-working, and always ready to pitch in and be a team player.
- Unafraid to challenge others’ perspectives and you welcome the same.
Please fill out our application here. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. We will follow up directly if your background and experience is a fit. This is a full-time position based in New York City with a hybrid work model.
If interested, please apply here.