Launched in 2014, InvestX’s goal is to bring transparency and trust to an opaque marketplace. InvestX is a leading cross border asset manager and pioneer in the pre-IPO equity market. InvestX provides the $30 trillion dollar wealth management industry with the ability to access, invest and trade in late-stage private companies. InvestX empowers broker dealers and advisors to provide their clients access to the highest quality private investments and simplifies the complexity of transacting in the private markets. On behalf of its clients and for its own managed funds, InvestX has invested over US$500 million in portfolio companies that include Palantir, Airbnb, SoFi, Spotify, DocuSign, SpaceX, among others.
InvestX is backed by leading financial institutions Jefferies, Virtu Financial and Canaccord Genuity. The company has been featured in CNBC, Forbes, Bloomberg, U.S. News, Business Insider, Reuters, The Globe and Mail, and other publications. InvestX has been a finalist for Wealthmanagement.com Awards, Benzinga Global fintech Awards, TradingTech Insight Awards USA, and Technical Analyst Awards 2021.
As a Principal, you will play a key role in evaluating and managing private investments and external fund commitments. Your activities include identifying, screening, diligence, and supporting the execution of new investments, ongoing monitoring of existing investments, participating in various projects, and staying abreast of trends in the private market. You will also be involved in origination and share sourcing.
Location: New York, NY
- Investment Analysis and Execution
- Conducts fundamental and relative value research on private markets
- Synthesizes findings, key analysis, and supporting documents in an organized manner
- Writes effective screening briefs, and investment memorandums.
- Delivers persuasive oral and written investment recommendations and rationale to the Investment Committee
- Interacts effectively with third party advisors as well as with internal groups (e.g., Legal, Tax, Risk)
- Works as an integrated part of deal teams, supporting the diligence of commercial, financial, tax, legal, and ESG aspects of prospective investments
- Portfolio Monitoring, NAV preparation, investor communication and oversight
- Monitors assigned investments, identifying relevant opportunities and risks including tracking/evaluating performance metrics, ongoing review against original investment thesis, ongoing strategic fit, significant changes impacting the company, valuation issues, and industry developments
- Supports the development of tracking tools and processes to ensure sustained long-term portfolio returns
- Systematically develops objective and rigorous views on the long-term health and risk of companies within the portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or economics
- A minimum of 7 years experience in private markets, investment banking, private equity, management consulting, deal/financial advisory
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and communicate key findings through strong business writing and other communication skills
- Decisiveness and the ability to form and defend independent opinions
- Strong financial modeling, research, and analytical skills
- Sound judgment and the ability to work independently
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to perform in a time-pressured environment
- A Criminal Record Check and Credit Check is required for this position
- Must be able to travel within Canada and the United States
If this opportunity sounds like it is a good match with your skills, background, and career direction, please apply through our Careers Page (https://www.investx.com/careers/) with your cover letter and resume.