Interplay is a New York City-based venture capital fund focused on technology-enabled businesses between Seed and Series B. We are a generalist fund investing in startups across the spectrum including consumer and enterprise software and marketplace companies. We primarily invest in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Israel.
- We are looking for a full-time principal or associate to work directly with our investment professionals to source, evaluate, and execute new investments. Because we have a small team, you’ll be exposed to all aspects of the fund, and will play an integral part in the next generation of companies we invest in. This is a unique opportunity to be an early member of a rapidly growing firm.
- We are seeking a candidate who is obsessed with problem-solving, has a deep curiosity about venture capital, technology, and startups, and strong EQ. This may be demonstrated by your understanding of the landscape of venture capital, opinions you have on early-stage startups, and the researchers and writers you follow.
- The bulk of this role involves investment analysis like model building and analysis, industry and customer diligence, memo writing, portfolio support, and performance tracking, and being a jack of all trades. We commit to helping you achieve your best work in a supportive, growth-oriented environment.
- We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds who have a keen and demonstrated interest in early-stage investing. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
- The person will be expected to work out of our office in SoHo.
- Keeping an ear on trends in our portfolio and our industries of focus
- Conducting market research on and evaluating competitive products and services
- Sourcing, qualifying, managing, and tracking new investment opportunities
- Diligence and presenting investment recommendations during investment committee meetings
- Memorializing new investments through detailed investment memos
- Managing and tracking communications and relationships with founders and funds
- Initiating and leading special projects (building internal products and programs)
- Representing the fund at conferences and events like startup accelerator demo days
Laugh often and demonstrate genuine interest.
- Relevant work experience of 2-8 years
- Preferably at a tech startup or a disliked investment banking or consulting job
- We don’t care about what school you did or did not go to
- We care about how you think about the world and how you like to spend your time
- Detail obsessive with excellent financial modeling skills, including data, market, and valuation analysis
- Enjoy synthesizing salient information into succinct verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to ramp quickly on the subject matter
- Creative problem solver and outside-the-box thinker
- Great attitude and willingness to get hands dirty
- A natural networker with strong social skills
- Self-starter with an ability to own projects
- Understanding of work-life balance
- Voracious internet reader, life-long learner, and naturally explore new ideas and technologies