Inspired Capital is looking for a full-time Investor to play an integral role on our team. You will work in lock-step with our team of proven investors and startup operators. You will work across all elements of the deal flow process, from sourcing exceptionally high quality deals, to diligencing potential opportunities, to serving as a critical thought partner to the companies in which we invest.
At Inspired, we are obsessed with the craft of early-stage company building. We are building a multigenerational firm and set an extraordinarily high bar for every member of the team. Across the current team, we have worked together for a combined 60+ years and value a tight-knit culture of collaboration and trust. Not only are you motivated, high energy, detail-oriented, and passionate about startups, but you also share our commitment to creating a top-tier firm for many decades to come.
We invest deeply in every member of our team and are looking for a Principal who wants to fully commit to the next chapter of their career.
- [ ] Source unique deals from a proprietary set of deal flow
- [ ] Compile extremely thorough diligence and compose detailed investment memos on the pros and cons of potential investments
- [ ] Negotiate deals in lock-step with the support of the full investment team
- [ ] Research emerging industries and act as a subject matter expert in key areas that align with the firm’s theses
- [ ] Provide best-in-class support to portfolio companies, with an emphasis on strategy, business development, and fundraising
- [ ] Represent Inspired across the broader tech community, making meaningful connections to our network and community
- [ ] Strong self-starter, with a commitment to learning
- [ ] 5-7 years of investment experience (i.e. venture, investment banking, private equity, hedge fund) or as a leader in a high-growth startup
- [ ] Proficient in modeling, market-sizing, and presenting data-driven and qualitative analysis
- [ ] Data-oriented and analytical thinker
- [ ] Strong communication skills and the ability to work seamlessly with everyone from senior members of the team to portfolio founders
- [ ] Obsessed with entrepreneurship and the startup ecosystem
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Principal” in the subject line. Please include your resume and a brief response to this question: What new frontier technology do you predict will have the biggest impact over the next decade?
We expect the base salary range to be between $175,000-$300,000, plus a comprehensive equity and benefits package. Your exact compensation will be determined based on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
💡 Inspired Capital is an early-stage venture capital firm headquartered in New York City, investing in the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. The firm takes a generalist approach, leading and co-leading Seed and Series A rounds. With $500M+ under management, the firm invests in tech-advantaged businesses, including Rho, Habi, Orum, Dandy, Finix, Chief, Canvas Medical, and Scythe. Inspired Capital was founded by Alexa von Tobel, who previously founded LearnVest, and Penny Pritzker, founder and chairman of PSP Partners who previously served as U.S. Secretary of Commerce.
To learn more, visit www.inspiredcapital.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.