Hudson River Trading
Hudson River Trading is seeking an experienced Crypto-VC Principal to join the Strategic Initiatives Team and work very closely with HRT’s Finance, Legal, BizDev, and Algo teams. Responsibilities include sourcing new deals in the digital asset space and helping HRT evaluate their potential for HRT’s Venture Portfolio. In this role you will have the opportunity to be integral to the success of this new and rapidly growing area at HRT.
- Identify interesting and strategic early through late-stage investment opportunities for HRT in the crypto space.
- Have and continue to build a strong network across the digital asset landscape.
- Work with the fund management teams at HRT to write internal investment memos on any PE deals we would consider.
- Maintain relationships with senior management at any crypto firms HRT has invested in.
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders to discuss relevant news and opportunities in the crypto space.
- Work on a variety of special projects for HRT’s crypto business as they arise.
This is a mid to senior level position
- 3+ years working in private investments in the digital asset space
- Strong math and writing skills
- Excellent and thorough understanding of financial analysis and investment strategy
- Excellent Excel skills a must
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to see complex projects through from concept to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work across disciplines, and quickly transition from one project to another
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.