We are looking for a Venture Capital Principal to join our diverse team of talents here at Avery Dennison! In this role, you will be focusing on supporting the management and expansion of Avery Dennison’s venture investment portfolio.
As a Principal, delivering on these responsibilities is essential to success:
- Lead the venture capital investment process, including diligence, negotiations, and Investment Committee approvals.
- Manage portfolio companies, including taking Board and Observer seats, supporting fundraising efforts, and providing operational and strategic support.
- Research market opportunities and trends, and present analysis findings to executive management and leadership.
- Develop networks for potential opportunities, with the venture capital and tech industry.
- Engage actively in a variety of startup ecosystems to uncover opportunities and generate substantial deal flow.
- Source opportunities for venture investment or other forms of strategic partnership (licensing, JDA, etc.).
- Cultivate positive relationships in the venture community (financial acquirers, capital providers, startups, advisers, etc.) to drive important connections for Avery Dennison’s venture portfolio.
- Drive key strategic inputs into Avery Dennison’s innovation strategy, nextgen products, and corporate strategy and development.
Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, or related majors / concentration preferred. MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in a related field required. Prior experience working in investment banking, corporate development, private equity or venture capital preferred.
- Outstanding analytical skills, detailed, proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to translate novel capabilities uncovered by technology scouting team into compelling business opportunities.
- Solid understanding of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take on increased responsibility, special initiatives, and leadership role.
- Great networking skills.
- Travel up to 10%.
The salary range for this position is $140,000 – $170,000/ year.