Mach49 is a Growth Incubator for global businesses. We partner with our clients to disrupt existing markets and create new ones through a strategic mix of incubations, corporate venturing and ecosystem creation.
Our corporate investing, M&A, and partnering team—Disrupting OutsideIn—operates as a set of embedded Partners-in-Residence with leading corporate venture capital, M&A, and partnering teams. We act as extensions of their teams, attending Partner meetings and offering unbiased perspectives borne from decades of experience in venture capital and strategic investing. As long-term partners, we provide critical insights throughout the entire deal-making lifecycle, from fund design to recruiting to deal sourcing/execution to portfolio management.
As Mach49 enters a new phase of growth, we are seeking an experienced Partner to lead advisory work with major corporate venture capital and M&A teams.
As a Partner, you will play a leadership role on our venture capital and M&A advisory team, actively delivering opinions, best practices, market insights, and venture analysis from both your personal experiences and our derived and shared knowledge to a subset of our client funds and deal-making teams. All Partners play a hands-on and highly self-sufficient role across the full range of client engagement, supported by our broader Venture Investing team. Responsibilities will include:
- Market advisory: Advise on new and existing corporate investment thesis development, including producing written research/analysis, sector presentations, white papers, and investment memos that leverage deep deal-making experience and strong knowledge of market conditions.
- Client management: Regularly interface with C-level executives at Fortune 1000 companies, managing their day-to-day interactions with Mach49 across a wide range of needs. Own the client relationship, and their success.
- Venture analysis: Drive end-to-end sourcing and due diligence activities, as well as investment recommendations, on behalf of (and alongside) clients, including market analysis, modeling, due diligence, structuring, legal documentation, negotiation, and investment committee presentations.
- Team management: Collaborate with other Partners to manage an ever-growing team of Principals, Associates, and Analysts, coordinating multiple workstreams across the corporate investing team and ensuring the highest quality output on deliverables.
- Own client deliverables: Manage the workplan and process of developing deliverables that make Mach49 proud and which materially improve the odds of success of our clients. Present and support analysis and research from the greater Venture Investing team. Ensure on-time and within-budget delivery.
- Sales: Source and close new business for Mach49’s growing venture capital, M&A, and partnering advisory practice.
- Thought leadership: Represent Mach49 in the innovation ecosystem through regular appearances at industry events/panels, written content, and podcasts.
- Internal operations: Grow and maintain our internal tools and knowledge database (e.g., relationship management platform) and create standardized operational processes to enable our team’s growth.
*Please note this is not a direct investing role*
Mach49 is a unique company; as business co-founders and venture partners with our clients, we are neither like a consulting firm, nor like working at an in-house company. Joining our team means working on the cutting edge of innovation, with benefits including:
- Working alongside and learning from some of the best product management, design, and venture capital veterans from around the globe.
- Getting exposure at the highest levels of executive leadership to help drive long-term strategic investments and venture creation.
- Growing and expanding your professional experience with new topics, companies, and industries daily.
- Experiencing a collaborative, respectful, and fun team culture with a shared vision for global impact.
- Gaining access to a global network of resources and capabilities, with offices across the US, Singapore, London, etc.
- 15+ years of professional experience (10+ in an investment role) in venture capital, corporate development, business development, partnering, or corporate strategy.
- Strong ability to converse fluently with Fortune 1000 C-level executives, including the ability to synthesize broad concepts into comprehensible insights and strategic opportunities.
- Excellent writing ability with the ability to synthesize broad concepts into comprehensible insights and strategic opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage a team and drive complex, multi-stakeholder projects from end-to-end.
- Strong desire to be hands-on with client delivery, engaging in the creation of client-facing reports and insights.
We require background and reference checks, that new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and that all associates, clients, and guests who choose to attend in-person Mach49 events provide proof of vaccination and follow local requirements and mask mandates. Working together, we can protect our global community.
Mach49 is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re building a diverse, inclusive, empathetic community where every one of us belongs. A place — not just a workplace — that reflects the people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, backgrounds, and perspectives who share our world.