Asymmetry Ventures is a Seed VC Fund & Syndicate (3.5k+ Angels, $55M+ Deployed) known for our Deep Tech Investments with Sci-Fi Flavor, based in San Francisco. Our portfolio includes 250+ companies and we plan to invest in 100+ more in the next 12 months.
OUR INVESTMENT THESIS
“Back scalable early-stage companies that attain exceptional defensibility through their obsessive focus on execution.”
The Venture Partner will work closely with Asymmetry’s portfolio companies to research and write a compelling investment memo that is shared with our 3,500+ investors. After a deal is launched, the Venture Partner will use their creative writing skills to promote the deal through a variety of written updates and/or videos. Attention to detail and reliable task completion under deadline are paramount for this role, to accommodate our demanding pace of dealflow and the rapid turnarounds required to execute investments into fast-moving rounds.
Specific Job Duties include:
- Development of high-conviction theses on investment opportunities, based on analysis of startup fundamentals & market conditions.
- Preparation of highly detailed investment analyses
- Ability to translate complicated topics into easily digestible language.
- Ability to write memorable, creative headlines & exquisitely crafted journalistic deal memos.
- Utter reliability in meeting deadlines, responding to edits, and working collaboratively.
- May occasionally assist the Asymmetry team with various steps of the broader investment process, from sourcing deals to screening & due diligence.
The VC Partner must be an exceptionally skilled business writer. We’re looking for candidates who have significant deal experience and know how to push forward from start to finish. Outstanding headline-crafting and memo-writing skills are required; we place immense weight on the ability to develop a sound investment thesis, and bring it to life in an extremely persuasive and detail-oriented memo.
Strong preference for candidates with experience from Angel Investing, Startup Accelerators, Venture Capital, and other dynamic deal making experience.
Candidates must have years of work experience writing investment analysis either in Venture Capital, Real Estate, Hedge Funds, or Private Equity. We are seeking candidates with the following additional traits:
- High level of comfort with & proven track record working under very tight deadlines.
- A solid understanding of venture investing, particularly at the seed stage.
- Exceptional ability to produce accurate, convincing analytical writing that invokes a mix of quantitative measures and a lively journalistic style of business storytelling.
- Superior grammatical skills – and meticulous attention to detail.
- Bonus points to candidates with substantial prior experience writing investment memos within a venture capital context.
The position will be a part-time, remote contract role position. Hours are flexible and vary week by week, depending on Asymmetry dealflow.
WHO YOU ARE
Likely candidate profiles include those who currently work at a VC firm, Accelerator, or Syndicate and want exposure to more deals or Deep Tech Investments. Other qualified candidates may come from Real Estate, Angel Investing, PE, IB, or Hedge Funds and know how to push deals forward but want experience in VC.
This is a part-time contract position that will be compensated in carry.
- Minimum of two samples of your business writing (ideally, we’d love to see how you approach writing Investment Memos that evaluate seed-stage companies)
** Please upload your writing samples as a single PDF. **
We are interviewing until the position is filled.
Please apply here.