Are you passionate about investments in new technology and disruptive business models in the commercial transport and infrastructure solutions industries? Do you want to inspire and get inspired in a truly cross-functional and global setting at the very forefront of industry transformation? Invest in yourself and come and join our team!
About Volvo Group Venture Capital
With us at Volvo Group Venture Capital (VGVC) you will find a devoted group of people who loves working in high pace, ever changing business environments to bring our industry and company forward. We believe that passion and engagement is the best recipe for success and wants to share this with you.
VGVC is a Corporate VC with a long track record in the US venture capital industry. Recent investments include Flock Freight, Fourkites, Apex.ai, Momentum Dynamics, Decisiv and Cargomatic. The unique value-add of VGVC centers around utilizing the Volvo Group resources to power up disruptive startups to transform the transportation industry.
The role of VGVC is to identify and drive investments with innovative companies at the forefront of service orientation and product differentiation. Our focus is on disruptive innovation in Logistics Services, Site Solutions and Electric Infrastructure, resulting in new solutions improving the profitability of our customers and enabling new business opportunities for the Volvo Group.
Quality, safety and environmental care are part of Volvo Group’s heritage and identity. It is therefore a key part of VGVC’s role to identify companies that can provide our customers with more sustainable and profitable solutions. At VGVC, you will get the opportunity to shape the world we want to live in.
VGVC works across all business units of Volvo Group. You will report to the head of VGVC and be part of the global investment team.
As Investment Manager at Volvo Group Venture Capital, your will have the chance to:
- Work on exciting investment cases focused on the US market
- Build a strong network among investors, startups and corporates
- Develop a holistic view of the exciting dynamics of the mobility space
- Be on the inside of top-management decision making in a leading international cooperation
- Be part of a global, inclusive, fun and fast-moving team
- Work closely with experienced and well-connected US Investment Director
As Investment Manager of Volvo Group Venture Capital, your key responsibilities are:
- Identify and analyze potential investment cases
- Make investments together with Investment Director
- Co-develop portfolio companies through board and advisory activities
- Manage value creation between the Volvo Group, customers and our portfolio companies
- Identify and convert technology and business model trends into actionable insights / theses
We are looking for an individual who has the drive and skills to analyze markets and companies, build and maintain a high-quality network, prepare investments for executive decision, manage US investment pipeline and support strategic collaborations.
Competence Profile & Qualifications
To qualify for this role, you should have experience from:
- Fact-based and structured analysis. You have strong structured problem-solving skills and the ability to frame and develop an approach to solve strategic or operational issues.
- Investment experience and partnerships. You have some level of experience in investments and related partnership activities.
- Collaboration and communication . You are a social person with strong relationship and network capabilities and enjoy working with others in flexible team constellations.
- Mobility business insights. You have an interest in the intersection between technology, transportation/infrastructure and new business models.
- Ideally 2+ years of making direct investments and relevant experience
- International business experience is a merit
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
MBA is a plus.
The position is based in Mountain View, California or Greensboro, NC. Relocation is available. Regular local travel is expected.
Does this look like an interesting opportunity?
Read more about Volvo Group Venture Capital: http://www.volvogroup.com/venturecapital
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.