RockHealth.org equips digital health innovators with the resources, reach, and recognition they need to create an equitable digital health future for all. RockHealth.org is the sister non-profit organization of Rock Health Inc.—a venture fund and advisory services firm that invests in and advises ventures in the digital health space.
Context on RockHealth.org:
A decade ago, Rock Health’s nonprofit arm activated the digital health field by building a series of vibrant, interconnected events (i.e., Rock Health Summit, Digital Health CEO Summit, etc.). These events advanced the field’s understanding of cross-cutting ideas and laid the foundation of a vibrant, interconnected, and inclusive digital health community. Since 2011, digital health has seen sustained growth from heightened innovation, venture investment, and broader ecosystem activity. In short, there are more innovative ventures, more investment capital flooding into the market, and an outsized opportunity to make healthcare massively better for all. Alongside this growth, the field is actively considering how digital health can expand its reach and impact by engaging an increasingly diverse array of people. To explore and address these emerging questions, RockHealth.org is working to expand its vision and impact to ensure that equity is centered in and across the field of digital health.
The Manager will directly support the planning and implementation efforts for RockHealth.org’s Equitable Investments Initiative and its Latinx-focused digital health innovator projects. The Manager will bring a strong learning orientation with a deep (or emerging) interest in the digital health, public health, and/or venture capital ecosystems. The Manager Equitable Investments Initiative will report to RockHealth.org’s Chief of Staff.
Initiative Project Management (60%)
- Lead the implementation of the Equitable Investments Initiative’s Latinx-focused innovator projects and workstreams, including project design, management, and assessment
- Manage strategic planning and implementation of the Equitable Investments Initiative’s Latinx-focused research/insight generation projects
- Conduct research and analysis on the state of inclusive entrepreneurship/investing across the digital health ecosystem, including field research and related scans
- Capture and integrate lessons learned and questions that surfaced from strategic initiative work to support the initiative’s learning and development efforts
- Develop compelling content and presentation materials to support initiative activities
Ecosystem Engagement (30%)
- Steward relationships and communications with key internal and external ecosystem actors – including funders, venture investors, corporate leaders, and entrepreneurs – that are critical to the initiative’s impact efforts, including sharing progress, updates, and emerging learnings
- Deepen engagement and knowledge base among Latinx ecosystem leaders and Spanish-speaking populations
- Design, plan, and implement ecosystem engagement activities and serve as the point for event-related logistics/operations
- Contribute to the initiative’s ongoing communications and field leadership activities, including but not limited to content development and, on an ad-hoc basis representing the initiative on panel discussions, etc
- Develop deep field-facing knowledge by building relationships among actors in the digital health ecosystem, especially among Spanish-speaking populations
Initiative-Related Special Projects (10%)
- Coordinate special projects on an ad-hoc basis for Equitable Investments Initiative Lead (e.g., fundraising efforts, developing special topic briefs, etc)
- Contribute to the development of an inviting and inclusive organizational culture
- 5+ years of experience managing complex projects in a dynamic setting (e.g., nonprofit management, consulting, venture investing, advisory services, research, etc)
- Exceptional ability to leverage analytical skills to spot trends and develop solutions
- Highly adaptable and able to manage multiple stakeholders and changing priorities
- Engaging, compelling, and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Effective at building relationships and collaborative work environments
- Strong ability to navigate ambiguity with grace, tact, and poise
- Highly organized and detail-oriented project management skills
- Deep (or emerging) interest in digital health, public health, and/or healthcare
- Commitment to equity and justice
- Mastery of Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs
- Preference will be native or bilingual Spanish speakers
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a contracted six-month position with the potential to become full-time depending on funding. The salary range is $45,000-$50,000 for the project term commensurate with experience. RockHealth.org offers a work environment that supports employees and embraces an equity-guided and human-centered approach to our practices and policies.
Commitment to Equity and Justice:
RockHealth.org is looking for a person with a demonstrated commitment to equity and creating a healthier world by helping to dismantle unjust systems of oppression. We don’t expect you to be an expert, but we do expect you to have a strong desire to put your skills to work in doing this transformational work.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RockHealth.org does not discriminate against applicants or employees due to their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical ability, hairstyle, previous incarceration, or length of time spent unemployed. We strive to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please click here.