INVESTMENT MANAGER / PRINCIPAL
Revent is an early-stage venture capital firm investing in Europe’s most ambitious founders working on climate, health, and empowerment. Our north star is the extent to which we improve planetary and societal outcomes by backing exceptional tech entrepreneurs; our conviction is that these companies, organized around a clear purpose, will be the most valuable businesses of tomorrow.
We have invested in companies like Sylvera, One Five, Noscendo, and Granular amongst other exceptional companies and are specifically interested in topics around healthcare, climate and empowerment. As we scale, we are looking for an Investment Manager or Principal with a clear partner track who will help us identify and partner with Europe’s most extraordinary founders building companies that solve real problems. The job can be done from anywhere in Europe.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in finding breakout early-stage companies in climate, health, and/or empowerment; has built a top-tier network in the European tech community; is a natural dealmaker.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a core member of the investment team, you will be at the forefront of the “problem-focused” investment movement, sourcing and assessing a wide range of opportunities across various sectors. You’ll use your entrepreneurial mindset, deal-making skills, analytical abilities and strong network to identify, evaluate and invest in the most impactful early-stage companies with unicorn potential. Your role will include:
- Sourcing new investment opportunities through network, research, hustle, and analysis
- Conducting due diligence on potential investments
- Leading investments & supporting portfolio companies on their journey to the next level
- Representing Revent in the ecosystem, on panels, at conferences, and events
- Contributing your ideas and energy on how Revent can deliver the best possible experience to the most ambitious founders solving critical problems
What We’re Looking For
We’re searching for someone energetic, ambitious, and mission-aligned who is as obsessed as we are with backing top talent solving real problems. We think you are more likely to succeed in the application process and in the Principal role itself if you have:
- 2-5 years of early-stage investment experience, either from your experience at another ideally early-stage investment firm or through an active angel investment strategy you’ve pursued
- Ideally: previous experience investing in breakthrough technologies; a background in engineering or hard sciences; a strong network in France, the Nordics, or Benelux
- A love of the early stage of a company’s journey, and ideally some previous experience with a tech company scaling to the first 1, and then 5, million of revenue
- The ability to work independently when necessary, and then to switch gears to a very collaborative, social form of work with our portfolio founders.
- A self-starter attitude in which you lean into “all-hands-on-deck” situations and proactively think about what else can be done to take things to the next level
- A passion for Revent’s mission and aspiration to back the most important tech companies addressing significant societal and climate problems
The job is based in Europe. Please only apply if you already have the right to work on a full-time basis in Europe and are at least 18 years of age. Fluency in English is required. We are passionate about diversity and highly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Please fill out this Typeform here. This will only take 5 minutes and we promise to get back to you within 5 business days about next steps.
The application window closes on Sunday, February 19th. However, we will start conversations on a first come, first serve basis, so the sooner you register on the typeform the better. We are looking very much forward to hearing from you!
If you’d like to read more about Revent before getting started, you can find more information on Medium, Techcrunch and of course our website.