Purdue Research Foundation
Support and Drive Connectivity Within an Ecosystem
- Recruit, curate, and manage community engagement for our startups and mentors.
- Lead engagement activities with community partners. Typical events include:
- Sourcing startups
- Planning Black and Gold Startup Investing
- Recruiting and matching experts, EIRs, and Mentors
Deliver A Topnotch Expert Experience for Our Experts, EIRs, and Mentors
- Recruit, interview, curate, steward and deploy speakers, mentors, and judges to ensure the Startup Foundry network is robust and high-quality.
- Survey the existing entrepreneur landscape to determine where we can leverage and seek alignment with existing infrastructure, events and/or opportunities.
- Build intentional relationships with community partners with expertise and networks relevant to underrepresented founders.
- Identify key organizations and subject matter experts to engage with the Foundry; clearly communicate the opportunity/expectations to them to solidify their commitment.
- In coordination with the Startup Foundry team, support mentor and expert on-boarding, training, and other initiatives including spotlighting our experts.
- Partner with the Purdue Incubator and Purdue Ventures teams to ensure we’re serving startups across the Purdue Innovates funnel, as needed.
Be a Voice and Presence for Purdue Entrepreneurship
- Represent Purdue Startup Foundry in the community including public speaking, attending and/or leading strategic events.
- In coordination with the Purdue Incubator, develop and deploy a strategy for recruiting new Purdue startups into our ecosystem. This includes intentional classroom, student club, and alumni outreach.
- In coordination with the Marketing team, identify ways to showcase Purdue Startup Foundry experts and community partners to extend our marketing reach.
- Develop and deploy a community management strategy for keeping our startups engaged with the Purdue Startup Foundry and ensuring a smooth hand-off between the Purdue Incubator and Purdue Startup Foundry
Measure and Refine the Expert Program with an Eye on Operational Improvements
- Collaborate with Startup Foundry Team on expert experience and data.
- Support mission-critical/operational milestones such as:
- Judging Rounds: identify qualified judges, scheduling, and day of execution.
- Mentor matching, including office hour scheduling.
- In collaboration with the Incubator and Ventures teams identify ways to collect data on outcomes above and beyond KPIs and goals you’ll be responsible for.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience in community management.
- You are currently based in driving distance to Purdue University or willing to relocate.
- Documented strengths in meaningful relationship building, management and growth.
- You are a consummate networker who can move comfortably and credibly in the entrepreneurial community.
- You have an understanding of the entrepreneurial journey and challenges faced by startups with the ability to match resources and experts based on these challenges.
- You have a professional, hands-on, resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- You enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic organization with a minimal amount of direction yet with a willingness to be led, and comfort with situational leadership.
- You have demonstrated the ability to think creatively developing fun, engaging and innovative strategies and ideas.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of innovation and strategy trends, with the ability to leverage existing relationships.
- You are extremely organized, execution-oriented, pay high attention to detail and very strong ability to prioritize and manage time well.
- You are tech savvy and quick to learn new technologies.
About Purdue Research Foundation
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.