Purdue Research Foundation
- Manage all Gap funding programs (Trask Innovation Fund, Prototyping Fund, Proof of Concept Fund) for advancement of Purdue technologies, including scouting Purdue technologies that would benefit from Gap funding, assisting in proposal development, tracking award milestones and progress, and budget management.
- Manage all aspects of the Trask Innovation Fund, including promoting the competition, vetting applications, selecting those for presentation, providing presentation guidance, recruiting judges, scoring, recommendations for funding, communication with inventors on milestones, and reporting on progress.
- Develop relationships with Purdue inventors to scout for promising technologies and understand commercialization opportunities for their research.
- Work cooperatively with Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) business development managers to understand needs of inventors in advancement of technology, including development of effective milestones.
- Track and report progress on specific metrics across all Gap funding programs.
- Develop proposals for, or participate in proposals advanced by others related to, new Gap funding programs.
- Manage funds related to new programs designed to advance Purdue technologies toward commercialization.
- Work cooperatively with OTC, Incubator, and Startup Foundry leadership to determine best use of funds relative to outcomes expected in advancing Purdue technologies.
- Work closely with the Product Development Manager, Incubator to deploy funds for prototyping and proof-of-concept studies.
- Represent the Incubator when requested for meetings with investors, visitors, alumni, etc.
- Prepare materials for meetings.
- Lead demo days for all Gap funds managed by the Incubator.
- Assist, along with consultants, Purdue-affiliated clients with SBIR proposals or other non-dilutive funding opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision, prioritize assignments to meet deadlines, and produce high-quality work with attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems while being flexible.
- Ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.
- Demonstrated good judgment, diplomacy, persuasive ability, and the ability to inspire confidence and cooperation to drive positive results within and across the organization’s boundaries.
- Ability to network and engage with the commercialization and entrepreneurship community at Purdue and the state of Indiana.
- Budget management.
- Willingness and proven ability to learn about a variety of technology domains.
- Strong understanding of intellectual property.
- Personal computer and related basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with CRM tools like Salesforce or database management systems such as Sophia.
- In person attendance for events is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required (MS or PhD preferred).
- 8+ years’ experience required.
About Purdue Research Foundation
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.