The Okta Ventures team, within Corporate Development, is responsible for identifying, investing, and supporting startups that help to extend Okta’s ecosystem. Founded in 2019, Okta Ventures invests and supports startups that benefit from Okta’s extended ecosystem. Notable investments by Okta Ventures include: Drata, Kandji, Immuta, Tessian, and Pipe. Okta Ventures helps portfolio companies scale through strategic sales and marketing support, mentorship, technical integration support and engineering expertise.
With 25 startup startups and growing the team is hiring an essential member of the team to expand portfolio partnership services. This is the first hire for Okta Ventures operations team and a great opportunity for a growth minded candidate.
Reporting to the head of Okta Ventures, this role will drive and maintain robust partner operations for Okta’s Venture program portfolio. With an eye for revenue and a passion for scaling partner-based programs, this role will be highly cross functional. You will collaborate with Okta’s sales operations, technical strategy, product, channel/alliances team and our marketing team to ensure Okta Ventures’ portfolio companies can grow and expand within Okta’s ecosystem.
- Manage a community of >25 startup founders and operators online
- Support sales enablement of portfolio companies within Okta’s sale organization, liaise and coordinate with technical strategy team on product integrations
- Quarterback partner marketing requests and track effectiveness of co-marketing activities
- Design & execute programming that will foster connections in our community, understanding and directly addressing entrepreneurs’ needs, both IRL and virtually
- Take lead in planning and executing both online and offline events to foster collaboration and learning across our community; may include workshops, founder forums, dinners and annual LP meetings. Support portfolio company requests with regard to key Okta events including annual conferences, sales events, and critical events
- Develop written instructional online content to guide portfolio companies how to leverage Okta resources
- Execute creative, high-value content programs in collaboration with our investment team, portfolio company founders and extended network; build tools to operationalize our content
- Build trackers for KPIs around sourced, influenced revenue, founder satisfaction
- Develop content marketing material to build Okta Ventures brand
- Participate in Venture Capital partnership communities to leverage best practices
- Build a metrics driven organization through evolved reporting, dashboards, and tracking channels to provide actionable insight on performance and growth opportunities.
- Be proactive with connecting founders directly to other founders who can provide insight and guidance for growing their business or addressing particular challenges
- Network with Okta business units to understand which startups might be valuable for them to meet and making those connections
- Connect startups to other companies within our network for business development
- Build and maintain a portfolio company database including the top executives at each startup, their roles and responsibilities
- Regularly communicate with portfolio companies to understand what they need in order to scale and grow and being proactive about how we can help them achieve those goals.
- Build peer groups between functional leaders within the portfolio to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing via off-line and online mediums
- Create process to scale education on Go-To-Market and customer acquisition for B2B growth stage startups
- 4-6 years of directly relevant professional experience (for example in VC platform, management consulting, marketing or community at a startup/accelerator, business development/ sales for startups).
- Demonstrated strong passion for and experience with the startup/technology ecosystem
- Founder-first mentality. Customer-service oriented. Executive presence and committed empathy to the startup journey. Winning mindset – match our founder’s passion for results and bias to action
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for Okta’s core values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency.
- Ability to adapt to challenges and opportunities with a solutions perspective –a natural problem solver.
- Social, curious, outgoing, networker with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders and enjoy connecting people to others
- Initiator, builder, creative multi-dimensional thinker
- Comfortable working in an unstructured environment and taking on new challenges proactively and effectively managing competing priorities
- Experience engaging with corporate senior executives
- Demonstrated experience leading and scaling a community
- Experiences in Marketing and Sales
- Strong project management skills to plan & execute multiple projects in parallel, on time and budget, while coordinating with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a hybrid environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to conceptualize and communicate complex subject matter to a variety of audiences
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and organize in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Basic understanding of partner marketing and communications
- Motivated self-starter, with high productivity, and excellent follow-through. A belief that no job is too small
- Travel required up to 5% – 10% of time.
- BA/BS degree required