This position will report to the [VP] of New Venture Growth (NVG) and is accountable for leading the corporate venture capital (CVC) fund operations by working collaboratively with business partners from capital markets, accounting, legal, tax, servicing and financing operations. Namely, the role will be responsible to develop and lead CVC investments within the deal flow and CVC operations in support of the long-term NVG CVC goals.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Lead assessment, validation and recommendation on CVC deals.
- Prioritizing investment thesis for opportunities; including developing strong strategic rationale & financial return targets.
- Lead qualitative due diligence on venture deals.
- Develop investment business cases and lead investment presentations externally and internally.
- Collaborate with NVG team and NVG Investment Council on the design of investment strategies
- Analyze the financial and operational performance of assets in the NVG CVC fund and monitor key trends to forecast key performance indicators.
- Work collaboratively with fund accounting, finance operations, and servicing teams to generate performance reports, ensure data accuracy, review distribution calculations, and amend fund agreements as necessary.
- Identify opportunities for financial performance and process improvements.
- Assist in tracking compliance items as detailed in the fund transaction documents.
- Interact with co-investors and financing partners to address financial and operational questions.
- Collect and analyze investment portfolio company data to monitor investment returns and risk levels.
- Identify high-risk investments and propose strategies to mitigate risk.
- Coordinate with Investor Relations team to ensure effective and timely communications of the progress and impact of the investment portfolio.
- Coordinate with the local Investment Officers to ensure local regulatory, tax and reporting compliance in investment geographies.
- Manage relationships with internal business intelligence and analytics teams.
- Build automation solutions to optimize team workflows and portfolio performance.
- Develop reporting dashboards and analytic tools for tracking and evaluating key fund metrics.
- Write SQL queries and create databases to manage the data required for performance reporting and draw preparations.
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, or related field
- 5-8 years of experience in Fund Management, Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, or Consulting with a strong track record.
- Experience with due diligence and analysis of investment opportunities
- Experience in the Industrial sector.
- Experience building and/or managing investment portfolio monitoring systems.
- Familiarity with legal documentation common to debt and equity transactions.
- Demonstrated flexibility and success in rapidly changing environments.
- Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and initiatives.
- Experience in database management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with accounting principles.
- Organized and disciplined working style with the ability to navigate tasks and projects independently
- Demonstrated skills in building financial and valuation models
- Outstanding client relationship development and management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High degree of Excel proficiency – the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets with accuracy.
- Aptitude for presenting financial information in understandable formats for multiple audiences.
- Proactive problem solving attitude