This is your opportunity to:
- Step into or transition within the amazing world of entrepreneurship and venture capital.
- Expand your relations to skilled founders and investors across Europe.
- Learn or further improve how you invest in, and scale, tech-driven companies.
Our €28m Fund I is almost fully invested, we have started investing our 75m Fund II and we have big plans for Fund III
Therefore, we expand our nine-person investment team with a motivated and skilled Investment Manager who thrives in an entrepreneurial culture.
A bit about Dreamcraft Ventures:
We are a Copenhagen-based venture capital manager investing in early-stage, tech-driven startups, primarily at seed stage in the Nordics and Germany, where we have a solid brand and network.
Based on our own experiences, we believe companies reach their highest potential with diverse founding teams of high-quality dreamers and crafters as reflected in portfolio companies such as:
– Teamway, a member-owned society of world-class tech professionals, building meaningful products and services
– GRID, an open data platform enabling strong and sustainable growth of the esports industry
– Hiber, an open metaverse platform enabling anyone to create virtual worlds in apps and web browsers.
The founders of Dreamcraft are also the founders as well still the dreamer (CEO) and crafter (COO) of what is now a +1bn USD global and listed company.
Inspired by their journey, mission and DNA, we are hands-on venture engineers supporting similar teams through engagements that go deeper than just advice, guided by our core values:
- Progressive e.g. in the way we build companies.
- Proper e.g. in the way we make investment decisions.
- Down to earth e.g. in the way we engage founders and other stakeholders.
Main responsibilities of the role:
You will be our primary case lead, executing below tasks or delegating these to Investment Associates and Investment Analysts, whom you then supervise and coach, while managing your cases through below three phases of our investment process and the related stakeholders. You will also lead our effort on a specific country Germany or Sweden or the UK and the be the internal functional lead on one of the below:
- Case sourcing – e.g. conducting research and analysis on trends, identifying quality case sources and cases within those trends, and creating marketing and PR content that attract those cases.
- Case investment – e.g. conducting pre-screening of inbound cases, preparing screening meetings with founders and validation meetings with experts, conducting market and financial analysis, preparing slides and investment memos for Investment Committee Meetings and conducting due diligence.
- Case value-add – e.g. preparing founder workshops, board meetings and reports to our investors.
You will also manage and support internal business development, fundraising and operational improvement projects.
We imagine that you:
- Are enthusiastic about tech, entrepreneurship, business and the Nordic or German startup ecosystem.
- Have a bachelor or master’s degree and +5 years of experience as founder, operator, consultant or investor.
- Will be offered 60.000-80.000 DKK in monthly salary and an attractive performance bonus program.
- Take pride in delivering high quality, meet deadlines and follow tasks through to completion.
- Are a curious fast-learner who works with a can-do attitude and requires limited supervision.
- Are fluent in English, written and spoken, German and/or Swedish a big plus
- A knowledge of either the German, Swedish or UK startup ecosystem will be strongly appreciated
- Can start no later than March 1, 2023.
For further information, please contact Nico Blier-Silvestri, Head of People & Culture, email@example.com or +45 3164 4364.. We look forward to receiving your cover letter and CV via the LinkedIn job posting (only) before December 16th, 2022. We will review applications and conduct interviews on an on-going basis, so don’t wait to apply!