CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 75,800 people at more than 3,160 locations in 29 countries. CRH is the leading building materials company in North America and the world. We manufacture and distribute a diverse range of superior building materials, products, and solutions, which are used extensively in construction projects of all sizes.
This is an opportunity to join the newly created CRH Ventures team, which is part of the Strategy, Sustainability, Innovation and Ventures (SSIV) group at CRH. As the newly launched Corporate Venture Capital arm of CRH, the Ventures team is responsible for connecting CRH with external innovation, start-ups, investors, and entrepreneurs as well as joint ventures with established corporations. The goal is to stay ahead of disruptive technologies and business models while creating long-term value for the company. We will select focus areas that are relevant to our operations and partner with the leading players in those spaces through direct investments, commercial agreements, and partnerships. We invest across stages and structures to optimize for partnering with the most innovative companies in our focus areas. The Ventures team will work closely with other functions at CRH to assess the landscape, develop a pipeline, lead investments and work with portfolio companies to drive strategic value and financial returns.
Salary range $175,000.00 – $185,000.00 + 20% bonus
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions):
- Work with CRH operating divisions to identify innovation priorities and organize pilots with external companies which can be scaled across CRH
- Develop theses for CRH to leverage technology to expand product offerings or enter new markets
- Support the development of an in-depth analysis of the “Industrial Tech” ecosystem identifying focus areas that are relevant to our operations
- Participate in the development of the investment thesis & value proposition of CRH Ventures
- Participate in public forums to establish a stronger presence in the Industrial Tech ecosystem and Establish relationships with leading companies, institutions, VCs, and academia
- Engage startups to assess their offering and fit within our investment thesis
- Develop a methodology to perform recurring analysis of investment trends, new technologies, and relevant developments across the construction value chain
- Prepare investment memos and lead due diligence for the senior leadership team with comprehensive strategic and financial rationale
- Support our portfolio companies on their path to growth and identify partnership opportunities both with CRH and our clients
- 6+ years of work experience with a master’s/MBA degree or 8+ years of work experience
- M&A, Private Equity, VC, and/or Management Consulting experience
- Relevant industry experience across the industrial or decarbonization value chains (preferably)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Office or similar software suite.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Ability and willingness to work in a hybrid work environment.
- Domestic and international travel will be necessary according to the demands of the role.
- Highly developed interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times in dealing with highly critical and confidential and sensitive information; restricts discussion/knowledge of activity to a “need to know” basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone, Microsoft Teams, e-mail, and in-person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- The role is based out of CRH offices in New York. International travel will be necessary according to the demands of the role.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours.
- Hybrid work environment at least 3 days per week in office when not traveling.
- Flexibility to work from home based on policy and frequency of office meetings.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!