You know the moment. It’s the first notes of that song you love, the intro to your favorite movie, or simply the sound of someone you love saying “hello.” It’s in these moments that sound matters most.
At Bose, we believe sound is the most powerful force on earth. We’ve dedicated ourselves to improving it for nearly 60 years. And we’re passionate down to our bones about making whatever you’re listening to a little more magical.
We are seeking a Corporate Development & Ventures Manager who embodies our brand DNA to join our team. Are you interested in structuring, valuing, and negotiating sophisticated financial transactions for one of the world’s most iconic technology companies? Do you have a passion for venture investing and the technology start-up ecosystem? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Corporate Strategy team at Bose works on some of the company’s most important business and growth initiatives. We work closely with executive leadership and cross-functional teams across the company to analyze market opportunities, build winning strategies, and advise meaningful decisions with informative, data-driven recommendations based on a deep knowledge of the business, customers, and external market factors.
Our Corporate Development and Ventures group is a small team of deal professionals that sources, evaluates and drives acquisitions, divestitures, investments, joint ventures and partnerships for Bose under a renewed strategic agenda. The team interacts regularly with Bose’s senior management and a broader team under the Corporate Strategy and Business Development umbrella. We are looking for highly motivated Mergers and Acquisitions professionals with a passion for technology.
Strong deal volume is encouraged as acquisitions become a key cog in the business transformation and growth strategy for the Company, complementing a significant focus on driving our core focus on outstanding audio solutions. Additionally, we continue to identify and fund strategically relevant equity investments and joint ventures across all lines of business.
You will play an integral role in charting the strategic direction of Bose and will participate in Company- and industry-defining transactions. You will join an accomplished team with extensive M&A experience from leading investment banks, venture firms, consulting firms and corporations. For any given deal, the person in this role will lead valuation, deal structuring and negotiation of term sheets and definitive agreements and play a vital role in upfront idea generation, strategic evaluation and business planning, coordination of financial, tax and legal due diligence, and post-close integration planning. You will also interface heavily with the investment banking, venture capital and startup communities and work on special projects for Bose executives to evaluate new business opportunities.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA/MS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or Engineering a plus
- At least 3 years combined work experience from a top-tier investment bank, consulting firm, private equity firm and/or venture capital firm.
- Experience in merger and acquisition transactions or control equity investments with technology exposure.
- Experience in venture capital origination and execution, either as part of a fund or in a similar corporate venture capital setup.
- Established relationships in the venture community – with incubators or accelerators, consultants, research sources, financial service providers, etc.
- Personal integrity, initiative, and the ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence is imperative.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have strong financial skills and robust valuation expertise, experience with commercial, investment and acquisition contract review as well as negotiations and due diligence and the ability to work independently in a rapidly changing business environment.