We’re EQT Ventures, a global VC built to partner and support the next generation of global winners across every stage (early seed to explosive growth). Built by former founders and operators, we’re a distributed, international team following a “local with locals” approach based out of Stockholm, London, San Francisco, Paris and Berlin. This autumn we’re looking to grow our investment team with an additional role in Berlin known as a Venture Lead.
We’re one of the largest and most active VC firms in Europe with €1.2bn AUM, we have made investments into over 100 companies, backing entrepreneurs behind Wolt, Wandelbots, Einride, Handshake, Formo, Verkor, Netlify, Anydesk, Moralis, Web3, Luko, or Cleo to name a few.
About the role
We’re looking to bring on a Venture Lead in our Berlin office to scout top-tier entrepreneurs and lead investment processes with conviction. Joining us here means you’ll work closely with the likes of Doreen, Tom or Jenny and the rest of our investment and operating teams. In this role you’ll:
- Source, meet and evaluate early stage and scale up companies and their founders,
- Create lasting relationships with Founders, regardless of whether EQT Ventures invests or not,
- Collaborate with the rest of the EQT Ventures team in putting together the best internal team to assess and win a deal,
- Lead and coordinate the investment process, from initial meeting to investment, supporting due diligence through research and analysis,
- Support portfolio companies on a diverse range of topics, covering anything from connecting them with potential clients to reviewing their fundraising decks.
We’re not after specific education requirements — some of our partners are self-taught and university dropouts, but you’ve worked in tech, enough to have felt the growth pains of navigating startups or similarly dynamic environments first hand. This role is an ideal opportunity to combine your passion for technology, hawk eye for opportunity and hard won lessons as a founder, product lead, engineer or similar role. To be successful in this role you’re someone who’s:
- Energised by meeting people to discuss big ideas & solving challenging issues of the future,
- Resilient, not one to give up easily to pursue what you believe is right,
- A self-starter, your mode of work switches seamlessly between minimal supervision and collaboration,
- Known for your ability to simplify complex ideas be it in writing presentations or pitching new ideas,
- Action oriented and solution focused, backing your decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data,
- Open, grounded and curious,
- Fluent in English (written & spoken), and we’re not shy of new languages and backgrounds in the team (12 and counting!).
About our team
- As founders and operators ourselves, we use our own experience to offer the most empathetic and valuable support to founders,
- We know any team is stronger than an individual,
- Our legacy of focusing on more than capital and our reach put us in a unique position to drive systemic change,
- We train our gut with data, taking calculated risks and being receptive to change that supports the right answers,
- We use technology to provide an unfair advantage, Motherbrain is our long-term moat.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! To submit your application, please fill out this form before November 7th 2022.
If you recently applied with us, simply follow up in your existing email thread to let us know you’d love to be reconsidered.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!