We are looking for an ambitious candidate to join as a Lead within Aledade’s growing New Ventures team. Reporting to the Senior Director of New Ventures, this individual will assist and lead Corporate Development work streams to evaluate organic and inorganic growth opportunities, assess fit with strategic priorities, and communicate recommendations across the company.
This will be a remote position from anywhere within the US, with the option to work from our Bethesda, MD or Durham, NC offices.
As a New Ventures Lead you will be responsible for:
- Leading and assisting New Ventures work streams to evaluate organic and/or inorganic growth opportunities
- Developing specific growth opportunities including problem and opportunity definition, market intelligence, vendor evaluation, business plan development, and testing
- Prioritizing initiatives based on TAM, unit economics, and strategic fit
- Representing New Ventures to both internal and external stakeholders to conduct discovery research and refine our solutions
- Conducting build / buy / partner analyses and assisting in capital allocation decisions
- Communicating status updates and key decision points to executive leadership
- Constructing financial projections models and valuation analyses
- Supporting diligence, coordination, and execution of M&A and other strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Establishing, formalizing, and implementing processes within a growing Corporate Development team and with other Aledade teams
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, economics, health policy, or other related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in healthcare investing, venture capital, health care strategy consulting, investment banking, or similar roles
- MBA or other health care-related graduate degree or qualification is a plus
- Highly organized and proactive in raising questions around prioritization and potential blockers to drive assigned tasks forward.
- Self-starter who is able to take initiative and ownership, with demonstrated success managing multiple projects
- Strong quantitative and analytic modeling experience, skills, and references
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills using Excel and PowerPoint/slide creation.
- Comfortable tackling ambiguous problems with a high level of autonomy
- Collaborative team player with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated to produce work that meets high standards
- Excited to join a fast-paced startup with significant opportunity for growth and make a positive contribution to the healthcare field
- Thinks beyond their immediate team and contributes to making Aledade holistically better (active engagement in D&I efforts, culture initiatives, facilitating training, leading roundtables, etc.)
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually-agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, Top Workplaces USA, and a Healthcare Industry Top Workplace.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our full-time team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.