Visible Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm that invests in bold, diverse teams that build superior consumer experiences and the technologies that power them. Visible provides visionary founding teams in the consumer space with capital and resources for growth. Founded in 2016, Visible has invested in over 35 consumer and consumer-tech trailblazers such as Alyce, Daily Harvest, Droplette, Illumix, Parade, Recurate, Standard Dose, The Nue Co., and Summersalt. Visible has offices in Boston and New York City.
We are hiring a consumer investor to join our team. This will be a full-time, hybrid work position based in New York, NY (preferred) or Los Angeles, CA.
While we are focused on driving exceptional returns on our capital, we are also equally focused on fostering our firm’s culture and values, which are rooted in trust, transparency, collaboration, and inclusivity. We believe that having diverse backgrounds and perspectives within a team drives greater outcomes, and we are committed to building a firm that aligns with our core values.
What you’ll do:
Building on our rapid growth, the investor will join our team of career investors, operators, and advisors to become a critical part of our firm and work across all aspects of our business. Given the breadth of our portfolio, our robust pipeline, and our position in the venture capital ecosystem, the investor will gain exposure to many aspects of our business. We are a lean team and believe that we can provide this investor with compelling mentorship, business exposure, and personal development opportunities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively sourcing the next generation of consumer and consumer-tech companies
- Reviewing and evaluating pitch decks and business proposals
- Assisting with all aspects of investment due diligence (e.g., thematic research of high-priority consumer trends, deal screening, business analysis, deal structuring, and memo development)
- Attending events, conferences, and panels across the consumer industry
- Supporting portfolio-level management teams with projects and operational initiatives
- Building community across our network of consumer investors and entrepreneurs
- Supporting our investment team with ad hoc projects and analyses
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
- 100% subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and/or graduate student loans
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy to ensure a rewarding work/life balance
- Comprehensive bi-annual reviews for personal development, mentorship, and career growth
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience at an investment bank, a venture capital firm, a management consulting firm, a high-growth consumer-tech startup, or a combination of all the above
- Driven and obsessed with consumer trends, emerging technologies, and consumer-tech startups
- Demonstrated ability to network and build relationships within the startup ecosystem
- Entrepreneurial spirit — ability to think outside the box and develop creative solutions
- Outstanding qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Inquisitive — you’re eager to independently size a market, identify key economic drivers, evaluate competitive landscapes, and consider growth opportunities
- Superior organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to work against deadlines
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Please fill out our application here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we will follow up directly if your background and experience are a fit. In the meantime, get to know us: visit our website and follow us on Instagram.