Mosaic is a venture capital firm based in London, investing in early-stage, technology-focused startups across Europe. Our partners have 30+ years of experience investing on both sides of the Atlantic. In that time, we have invested across 12 countries in over 80 companies that together have created over $400 billion of value.
Mosaic is a small and collegiate team. As we look for Europe’s most inspiring and exciting startups, we take a thesis-driven approach – with a collective desire to understand how technology creates new markets and transforms existing ones. Learn more here.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a technically adept, deeply curious individual to drive research. If you’re an experienced builder who wants to dig deeper into the future enterprise software stack, and business applications of machine learning, this may be the role for you.
You’re likely to have a CS or similar technical degree, and practical experience as a developer, engineer, data scientist, or similar. Your role will involve formulating theses on emerging technologies, and how they can create commercial value (both for businesses and consumers). Based on this research, you will source, meet and evaluate companies; and drive analysis throughout our diligence process to inform investment decisions.
You will work as an integral part of the investment team – helping us determine where to focus our efforts, and driving robust, analytically-driven investment decisions.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about emerging technology, a strategic, articulate thinker, and a natural multitasker who strives to deliver highly impactful work.
This is a full-time position, based in London.
- Work from first principles to identify potentially investable markets and trends – informed by your practical experience and coverage of emerging research
- Source, meet and evaluate founders relevant to research
- Conduct due diligence including technical reviews, competitor analysis, industry references, analysis of product metrics, etc.
- Prepare written materials to brief the Mosaic investment team on specific opportunities, and make investment recommendations
- Nurture collaboration and help educate our team with your insights
- Publish Mosaic’s research and thought leadership via blog posts, events with founders and industry experts, and social media
- Represent Mosaic in the wider deep tech community; build a network of senior industry experts and academics, and collaborate with them to refine our thinking
- A passion for the business of technology, and some prior familiarity with the ML / deep tech startup ecosystem
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related technical discipline; postgraduate degree desirable
- A proven track record as:
- a software engineer, data scientist, or technical PM in a startup or leading tech company
- a professional researcher / analyst (e.g. software equity research) with a strong technical background
- Curiosity (and ideally prior experience) across enterprise software domains, e.g. ML applications / data science / dev tools / infrastructure / networking / security
- Outstanding communication skills – and the ability to communicate key insights and recommendations to diverse audiences (perhaps demonstrated via a personal blog, Twitter, publications, presence at leading conferences)
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and rigour
- A true team player, who thrives in small, collegiate environments
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise under pressure
Competitive salary and benefits.