Index Ventures is an international venture capital firm with headquarters in New York City, San Francisco, and London. We take a people-first approach to investing in technology-enabled companies. Our ambition is to back founders from seed-stage through IPO.
We are looking to hire a new investor in our newly-formed NYC office, which today is composed of 5 investors. You can read more about our decision to open this office here. Our approach is to train new investors in an apprentice-like manner.
We seek someone with a strong interest in venture capital and with the following background:
• At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree from a top university
• 2 to 5 years of operational experience at a high-growth technology-enabled business
• An ability to operate effectively in unstructured environments with little hierarchy
• An ability to build trust both internally and externally
• A team player with effective communication skills and analytical abilities
• Unequivocal curiosity, hustle, and grit
Our process entails:
• Submitting this application
• A 1:1 meeting with the hiring manager
• 1:1 meetings with 3 others on the investment team across London, SF, and NYC
• A case study with the full NYC investment team