Illuminate is a Seed & Series A venture capital fund investing in the future of financial services based in New York, London and Singapore.
We are backed by some of the world’s largest and most respected technology users from the financial services space, including JP Morgan, Jefferies, Citi, S&P Global, Barclays, SGX and Deutsche Boerse Group. Illuminate has a deep network of senior financial services executives as both advisers and investors.
At Illuminate, we invest thematically where there are fundamental shifts occurring in financial services including digital assets/crypto, sustainable finance/climate tech, private markets infrastructure and the future of the enterprise software stack.
Illuminate has built a very deep and trusted formal and informal network to validate the solutions we see and match them against relevant, high priority industry challenges our industry partners face.
We have a hands on approach to supporting our portfolio companies, harnessing the power of our deep industry network to help them with their go-to-market strategy. This has allowed us to back and partner with high-profile founders from teams like Genesis Global, Talos, Bezero, Copper, and Blockdaemon. You can find out more about our portfolio companies at: http://illuminatefinancial.com/portfolio/
It is an exciting time to join Illuminate – Fund I is currently ranked as #1 VC fund in Europe (2015 vintage for distributions) and we have over doubled our assets under management (AUM) in 2022.
This is a very key role as we grow our presence in NYC.
The role starts as soon as possible and is hybrid in-person/WFH. We aim for 3 days a week in the office in 3 World Trade Center.
The role will cover all aspects of the investment process:
- Investments – Develop new investment theses, source deals, drive due diligence process, present to investment committee, negotiate term sheets and execute deals.
- Portfolio – Sit on the boards (as director or observer) of portfolio companies – support portfolio companies with: fundraising, go-to-market, hiring, and strategy.
- Industry Partners – manage one of our industry partnerships
- Brand expansion – be a brand ambassador – networking, sourcing, and content (blog posts and think pieces)
You will join the Illuminate team of fifteen, including six investors and three partners across London, New York & Singapore. Our team includes experienced venture investors with backgrounds that include banking (Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Capital One), entrepreneurship (Creditex/T-Zero), consulting (McKinsey, Bain & Co), financial technology (Murex, Thomson Reuters).
- We greatly value curiosity, proactivity and collaboration.
- 2+ years of experience investing in early stage companies required.
- Interest in enterprise technology / B2B fintech.
- Strong existing venture network preferred.
- Permission to work in the US is required.
This is an opportunity to grow with a fast growing VC firm in one of the most innovative and dynamic areas of venture.
This is a full time role with 23 days of PTO and 401k.