G2 Venture Partners invests in technology companies at their inflection points to build a sustainable future. The firm focuses on innovation in the transportation, energy, industrials, agriculture, logistics, and retail sectors, with investment stages ranging from venture to growth. We look for companies poised for explosive growth, with proven product-market fit and commercial traction. Our portfolio includes Luminar (NASDAQ: LAZR, LiDAR for autonomous vehicles), Proterra (NASDAQ: PTRA, electric buses and powertrains), Arcadia (digital clean-energy utility), Seegrid (autonomous electric forklifts and tuggers), and Pivot Bio (sustainable alternative to synthetic nitrogen fertilizer). We are currently investing out of our second fund, and have ~$1B under management.
- Full-time Investor (flexible start date in 2023)
- Our Investors are involved in every step of our processes, from doing industry deep-dives (mapping new industry sub-sectors and identifying areas of potential value) to organizing detailed diligence for targeted investments to working with portfolio companies post-investment.
- Summer Intern (flexible dates, 10-12 weeks in May-August 2023)
- Our internship program allows us to get to know you and vice versa for a potential future full-time Investor role. Interns will lead deep-dives, and assist with live deals as opportunities arise.
LOCATION: Our office is in Portola Valley, and most of the team works in the office 3-4 days a week. We expect both Investors and Summer Interns to be based in the Bay Area.
QUALIFICATIONS: We are looking for candidates who have:
- At least four years of work experience requiring critical analysis of business models and financial projections. Investing, banking, or consulting experience preferred.
- Established record as a curious “self-starter”.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent analytical reasoning, and an ability to present complex ideas and information in simple persuasive form, both written and orally.
- Genuine passion for investing, the entrepreneurial process, and sustainability.
- Desire to be a connector / develop a robust network, and work in a collaborative trust-based team environment.
- Professional and personal maturity that demonstrates unquestionable integrity and sound business instincts.
MEET THE TEAM: We are hosting a happy hour at our office (3280 Alpine Road in Portola Valley) on Tuesday 2/7 from 5-8PM for candidates interested in meeting our team. RSVP here.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To express an interest in working with us, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and specify whether you are applying to be an Investor or Intern. You may include a one-page write-up highlighting which emerging technologies or sub-sectors within the transportation, energy, industrials, agriculture, logistics, or retail industries you believe represent the largest potential opportunities for new investments, or pitching a company you believe G2 should invest in (especially encouraged for candidates without investing experience). Investor applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Internship applications are due on Monday, February 20th, and will be reviewed shortly thereafter.
G2VP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
G2VP Privacy Notice
Effective Date: January 31, 2021
G2VP, LLC, and its operating groups, subsidiaries and affiliates, (the “Company,” “us” or “we”) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information you provide to us. Please read this Job Applicant Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) to learn how we collect and process your personal information when you apply for a job or other role with us. As a job applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which we use such personal information, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”). This Privacy Notice only applies to job applicants who are residents of the State of California. The Company does not sell or otherwise disclose this personal information for monetary or other consideration to any third parties.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
In each case as permitted by applicable law, we collect the following categories of personal information for the purposes described below:
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, preferred name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, date of birth, and other similar identifiers.
- Personal Records, such as your signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, education, employment or employment history.
- Protected characteristics, such as minority, veteran and disability status, through voluntary self-disclosure. Such information will only be collected as permitted by applicable law and will not be used to make hiring decisions.
- Internet or other similar network activity information, such as your IP address, log-in information or information regarding your interaction with a website, application or advertisement.
- Geolocation Data, such as IP addresses from which we can determine your general location.
- Sensory data, such as audio and visual information, for example if you use video interviewing as part of the application process. If you visit our facilities, your entry and exit may be monitored by CCTV.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your work history, references, information about skills and abilities, accomplishments and awards, training and development information, performance evaluation information, and employment termination information.
- Education information, such as your education history, education records (such as grades, transcripts and class lists), and other information included in your resume or cover letter.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, such as a profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
- Other: Job interview notes, responses to screening questions, assessment results, and any other information you provide in connection with the recruitment process. We also collect legal and contractual information, such as information necessary to respond to law enforcement and governmental agency requests, comply with legal and contractual obligations, exercise legal and contractual rights, and initiate or respond to, or establish, exercise and defend, legal and contractual rights claims.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect personal information you voluntarily provide to us when you apply for a job or otherwise contact us in the recruitment context. If you are visiting our website or online job application, we may also automatically collect device information such as IP addresses and device identifiers.
We may also combine personal information collected from other sources with the personal information that you provide to us. For example, we may collect information from:
- Prior employers (e.g., for references)
- Professional references you provide to us
- Educational institutions
- Pre-employment screening services
- Credentialing and licensing organizations
- Publicly available sources such as your social media profile (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook)
- Other sources as directed by you
Use of Personal Information
We use the categories of personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- Process and manage your application: We use your personal information to process your job application, establish a job applicant profile for the recruitment process, assess your qualifications for a specific role with us, schedule and conduct interviews, communicate with you, and carry out background and reference checks (see the following bullet point for additional information). We may collect audio and visual information of job applicants through photographs used for identification purposes. With your consent, we may record video of you in connection with the application process, for example through a third party screening service. Additionally, if you are offered a position with us, we may use your personal information in the employee on-boarding process.
- Conduct reference and background checks (as permitted by applicable law): We use personal information we collect to conduct reference checks and to evaluate your qualifications and experience. We may also conduct background checks (as authorized by you and permitted by applicable law).
- Provide immigration support: If applicable and as permitted by applicable law, we may collect your personal information to assist with immigration support, such as applying for visas or work permits.
- Analyze and improve our recruitment process and tools: For example, we analyze trends in our applicant pool, and use personal information to understand and improve our recruitment process and tools (including improving diversity and inclusion). If you use any online tools to apply for a job with us, we may collect personal information in this category.
- Record-keeping: We keep records of your personal information as required by law and in accordance with our record retention policies.
- Meeting legal requirements and enforcing legal terms: We collect and process your personal information for purposes of: fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities; protecting the rights, property or safety of you, us or another party; enforcing any agreements with you; responding to claims; and resolving disputes. Additionally, we may use information about protected characteristics to analyze and monitor the diversity of our job applicants in accordance with applicable laws.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information as necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including internally with our personnel involved in the hiring process. For example, we share your personal information with the following parties:
- Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliates.
- Service Providers: We use service providers to operate, host and facilitate our hiring and recruitment process. These include hosting, technology and communication providers; security and fraud prevention consultants; analytics providers; background and reference check screening services; and hiring process management tools.
- Government authorities and law enforcement: In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Business transfers: Your personal information may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part).
- Professional advisors: We may share your personal information with our professional advisors.
- Other: We may also share your personal information with third parties in conjunction with any of the activities set forth under “Meeting legal requirements and enforcing legal terms” in the “Use of Personal Information” section above.
Contact for Questions
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the collection of your personal information, please contact: Valerie Shen at email@example.com. Job applicants with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-608-335-6022.