Canaan is an $800M fund with $6B+ AUM that invests in visionaries with transformative ideas. For over 30 years, Canaan has partnered with entrepreneurs that have had a fundamental impact on technology and healthcare. We’ve had the opportunity to work with many great companies including Instacart, Snyk, Forte, Contentsquare, Dragos, Ladder, Papa, Astra, Aeva, Tomorrow.io and many more.
We are a tight-knit and diverse team that’s big on performance but low on ego. We welcome out-of-the-box thinking and spirited debate. It’s our individual backgrounds and interests that inform our collective approach, which spans industries, generations and coasts.
We are excited to kick off a search for a new member of our tech investment team at Canaan in our SF and Menlo Park office. This role is perfect for someone who is excited to learn about new technologies and markets, drive our investment diligence, and become an integral part of our lean tech investment team. We are looking for a motivated new team member to work alongside our investment professionals as a generalist across Canaan’s core technology investment areas. This is a 2-3 year role with previous team members having gone on to join venture-backed startups, attend top-tier business schools, or join other leading venture capital firms.
Please note that ideal candidates will have ~1-3 years of work experience prior to starting at Canaan
- Lead market research efforts to identify emerging trends and potential investments
- Conduct due diligence (e.g. market analysis, competitive mapping, financial modeling, etc)
- Manage our CRM and deal pipeline internally
- Develop relationships with Canaan portfolio companies, founders of future Canaan portfolio companies, service providers and anyone & everyone in technology
- Share your perspective during partnership meetings as we discuss new and existing deals
- Own specific projects that you’re passionate about from start to finish
- Intellectually curious
- Passionate about startups, technology and understanding markets
- Independent and motivated (venture is unstructured)
- Eager to build community and a brand in the ecosystem
- Analytically rigorous (can navigate key financial concepts and dive into data rooms)
- Opinionated and willing to share their perspective