Amazon Industrial Innovation Fund
Amazon is seeking an experienced investment professional who will be responsible for deal sourcing, due diligence, and investment execution as part of Amazon’s Industrial Innovation Fund. The investment lead will create investment term sheets, manage investment negotiations, and draft investment documents summarizing the business rationale and key due diligence findings.
The investment deal lead will focus on venture capital and growth-stage companies focused on areas such as robotics, artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies. Candidates should demonstrate aptitude for industry research, deal origination, valuation analysis, investment structuring and relationship building as evidenced by prior professional experience in investment banking, transaction advisory and/or principal investing.
Key job responsibilities
- Interact with entrepreneurs, investors, and investment bankers to generate and manage organic deal pipeline
- Interact with Amazon organizations and internal business leaders to evaluate and inform internal perspectives on logistics, supply chain, and fulfillment challenges
- Act as a subject matter expert on both deal structuring and relevant emerging technologies
- Assess opportunities and risks in potential investments
- Lead due diligence and transaction execution
- Collaborate with internal Amazon teams to identify emerging use-cases, spread the word about portfolio company offerings, and align roadmaps
About The Team
The Amazon Industrial Innovation Fund is a $1 billion corporate venture capital fund that supports emerging technology companies through direct investments. It is part of our continued commitment to invest in and foster innovation, and to enhance the employee and customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years in venture investing, M&A, investment banking, or experience in technology sectors
- End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful investment and/or acquisition targets
- Ability to build and maintain a network of senior level relationships to facilitate deal flow
- Experience aligning and driving cross-functional groups
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain respect of senior management and external executives
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.