Founded in 2017, Toyota Ventures is a San Francisco Bay Area-based venture capital firm with $500M+ AUM that invests in early-stage startups around the world in frontier and climate technologies. We are on a mission to discover what’s next for Toyota by helping startups bring groundbreaking technologies and business models to market quickly. We’ve invested in close to 60 companies to date, including Bipi (acquired), Blackmore (acquired), Carbice, Ecolectro, e-Zinc, Joby Aviation (NYSE: Joby), May Mobility, Nauto, Near Space Labs, Revel, and Universal Hydrogen.
Our firm is growing and the Climate Fund team is looking for part-time interns for the Spring semester (paid position, 20 hours per week, January 2023 – June 2023). If you are an undergraduate student with a passion for climate tech, an interest in getting hands-on experience in venture capital, and a desire to make an impact, we encourage you to apply today.
Our team values acting with integrity, being humble but bold, and keeping it weird. We’re also committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our team, portfolio, and the larger VC industry. Please note this position is based on-site in the San Francisco Bay Area; we have offices in both Silicon Valley and San Francisco.
- Analyze new investment opportunities and support due diligence.
- Research and explore new industries and technologies.
- Perform competitive analysis and market research on new potential investments.
- Track and log companies using our investment management system.
- Option to network and look for new investment opportunities.
- Current juniors and seniors pursuing an undergraduate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering, engineering & material sciences, sustainability, agriculture or a resume that demonstrates a strong interest in climate tech.
- Self-motivated to get work done without a lot of oversight.
- Ability to consume, analyze, and communicate large amounts of business and technology data very quickly.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce research reports and presentations.
- Analytical proficiency in G-Suite is a must. Proficiency in Python and SQL experience is a plus.
- Ability to break big challenges into smaller, more manageable problems.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks on any given day.
- Comfortable learning new or unfamiliar skills.
- Genuine interest in technology and working with entrepreneurs and other venture capitalists.
- Maintain professionalism and conﬁdentiality.
Please reference this Candidate Privacy Notice to inform you of the categories of personal information that we collect from individuals who inquire about and/or apply to work for Toyota Research Institute, Inc. or its subsidiaries, including Toyota A.I. Ventures GP, L.P., and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant’s race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.