MBA Intern, Finance & Venture – Techstars Boulder
A note on college credit requirement: MBA Interns will be required to receive college credit towards their degree in order to be eligible for this internship. This is an incredibly unique experience to learn how a company is built by founders and an opportunity to play an instrumental role in supporting their quest to scale. Please only apply if your school can accommodate this course credit option.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
As an MBA Intern you will help support the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local/virtual community. It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, and get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country.
General Job Description
Our team is looking for several motivated MBA students who are skilled at financial modeling and analysis and who are passionate about working with early-stage startups in a fast-paced, remote environment. Interns will report directly to the Techstars Boulder program manager.
We seek candidates who have deep experience & competency in:
- Financial Modeling & Analysis
- Fundraising Preparation & Strategy
Hours: 15 hours/week time commitment, fully remote.
Start Date: January 9th, 2023 with a pre-program orientation scheduled the first week of January
End Date: April 6th, 2023
Compensation: College Credit Earned
Location: The first and final weeks of the program will be held in person in Boulder, Colorado. If you are local, we’d love for you to join us in person for this time, but it is not required. The rest of the time we will be working in a fully remote setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with two startups for a total of 15 hours per week throughout program (around 7.5 hours per week for each company, each week) on a remote basis
- Projects will focus mostly on financial modeling with some investor pipeline building as needed
- Attend a 30-minute weekly MBA Intern Sync with the program team
- Currently enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program and able to receive course credit for this role
- Deep experience in in financial modeling and analysis
- Familiar with Pitchbook a plus
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and being flexible when projects/timelines change
- Ability to effectively multitask, prioritize, organize and collaborate, especially on multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Previous experience at a startup is a plus
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Duc Luan Dam – Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)