When you work with the world’s most innovative companies, you know you’re making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They’re the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients’ world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
Summer 2023 Internship – Hybrid, Menlo Park, CA
SVB Capital is a global venture capital investment firm. Founded in 1999, SVB Capital is the premier partner for accessing the Innovation Economy, with a particular focus on technology and life sciences. As a division of SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB), the firm has differentiated data, insights, sector expertise, and relationships with leading venture capital firms and startups as a result of Silicon Valley Bank’s established position in the venture ecosystem.
The SVB Capital intern will work with the direct equity investment team to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses on investment opportunities.
The intern will support the SVB Capital investment team in market mapping, portfolio monitoring, pipeline management, general due diligence, and more.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Performing market research and analyze relevant bank data to help identify and evaluate investment opportunities
• Synthesizing prep materials for meetings with companies and investors
• Attending meetings alongside Partners and take organized notes for distribution to the broader team
• Contributing to value-add projects for portfolio companies, prospective investments, and bank partners
• Maintaining and monitoring internal databases of company metrics and information
• Supporting SVB Capital strategic initiatives and Investor Relations/Fundraising efforts
• Candidates must be students currently enrolled in a college/university
• Candidate should have a minimum GPA of 3.5
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Robust research skills and demonstrated interest in technology and venture capital
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite. Great if also proficient with PitchBook, Crunchbase, CBInsights, and/or SQL database querying
$18.00 – $31.00
Actual starting base pay will be determined on skills, experience, and other non-discriminatory factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include variable incentives, bonuses, benefits, and/or other perks, as outlined in any formal offer made.
SVB benefit programs are designed to meet our employees where they are in life. SVBers may enroll in core benefits programs, plus take advantage of customized perks and offerings, including those designed to support families, however defined. More information regarding our benefits offerings can be found here.