Suffolk Technologies Venture Capital Internship
Suffolk Technologies, a leading built environment venture capital and innovation platform backed by $5B construction leader Suffolk, is seeking an outstanding Venture Capital Investment intern to join an experienced and growing team.
In this role you will take on a wide range of responsibilities including developing investment themes, engaging innovation stakeholders, sourcing startups and leading due diligence, and working closely with a portfolio of high impact technology startups (from early to growth stages) across real estate, construction, and sustainability.
You will work closely with our Venture Capital Investment and Platform teams across the following areas:
- Identifying new investment trends and opportunities: synthesizing insights to develop investment themes, generating deal flow and meeting with startup founders, networking with investors at other venture capital firms and strategics.
- Performing deal-side due diligence: conducting market opportunity and competitive analysis, analyzing company performance, gathering diligence inputs from internal and external experts, building valuation analysis and models, and preparing investment memos.
- Supporting portfolio companies: developing product, business model and go-to-market strategies, and leveraging Suffolk Technologies and industry resources and networks to support portfolio growth.
- Supporting our annual BOOST Startup Accelerator: designing marketing messaging, connecting with program partners, generating startup applicants, planning events and programming.
- Currently enrolled in a top-tier MBA program.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, investment, and the built environment (construction, real estate, sustainability etc.)
- Previous experience with investment (VC/PE, investment banking), strategy consulting, or product management/sales/corporate development roles in the technology industry.
- Excellent written, analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Team collaborator and leader, and self-guided in day-to-day work
- Experience in financial and business model analysis is preferred
- Experience in a built world related sector (i.e. real estate, construction) is preferred
For more information on Suffolk Technologies, visit: www.suffolktech.com
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk.
Join us and lay the foundation for lifelong success. Achieve your ambitions. Build your legacy.