As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and opportunities for Migros and society at large within the fields of Food & Beverage, Fintech, Last-Mile, Digital Health, Sustainability & Circular Economy as well as Commerce & Shopping.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What to expect as an Intern Venture Capital
We are looking for you! An enthusiastic Venture Capital Intern (100%) for 6 months – preferably beginning in September 2023. You will be part of our highly motivated and dynamic growth equity investment team (B2C / Series A and above). As a Venture Capital Intern you have the unique opportunity to be responsible for the scouting of startups within the above mentioned investment verticals and actively support in the entire investment process. Your areas of responsibility include:
- Scouting promising startups and managing the deal flow by screening online forums, websites, newsletters, external requests and by participating in various events
- Initiate the first contact with the founders (calls, in person, at conferences)
- Pitching potential investment opportunities to the team
- Engage in the investment process (due diligence, valuation, negotiations, investment memorandum)
- Support the investment team in ad hoc projects
- Claiming ownership and responsibility instead of descaling the coffee machine
- Steep learning curve due to regular feedback from supervisor
- You have successfully completed or are about to complete your Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or STEM
- You have a profound interest in startups in general and especially in the Swiss startup ecosystem
- You are fluent in German and English
- You are curious and enjoy taking on responsibility to thrive in an autonomous environment
- Nice to have: Excel and Accounting skills
- Nice to have: Advanced table tennis and foosball skills
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have flexible hours and a hybrid working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and learn fast” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.