Seed to Harvest Ventures
Seed to Harvest Ventures is a US based pre-seed/seed stage fund that invests in women of color building software enabled companies. We invest in women of color because we believe investing in them will change the tech ecosystem AND doing so is also an unprecedented financial opportunity. Women of color are the next billion consumers both in the US and globally and our bet is that companies that build for and with women of color will be the new unicorns.
Isabelle Seale and Victoria Kennedy, the GPs of the fund are product and design leaders with over 12 years of experience building products and advising early stage companies. They have advised companies that have gone on to raise over 37M collectively and have brought over 20 products to market. They are now focused on leveraging that expertise as early stage investors and advisors to their portfolio.
Overview of the role
We are seeking a venture capital associate intern to support the fund’s GPs on sourcing and creating campaigns for new fundraising initiatives.
- Source new investment opportunities through frequent, direct outreach.
- Supporting leadership on a women of color LP campaign via sourcing, creating campaign materials and creating educational materials for first time LPs
- Perform market research and due diligence for potential investment opportunities, including valuation, financial modeling, market analysis, competitive landscaping, etc.
- Capture findings from market research and due diligence to create and present meaningful proposals to internal leadership
- Collaborate with team members to research new markets and interesting trends and collaborate with internal teams to assess viability and priority
- Create strong processes around the scalability of our investment process
- Strong passion for investing particularly through a gender and racial lens
- Proficient in financial analysis and financial modeling
- Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a concise and digestible way
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and draw meaningful insights and conclusions
- Self-starter with strong execution skills
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting and key operational metrics
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker and recognizes what is best for the business
- Excited about the future of B2B and consumer software products built by and for women of color
- A team player who is proactive, assertive, action oriented, anticipates needs, and is highly accountable
Internship Program Information and Requirements
- This is a Summer 2023 Internship program from April – June
- The time commitment is 10-15 hours per week
- Duration is 3 months to start with ability to extend another 3 months
- Must be a current student pursuing an MBA from an accredited college or university
- Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2023
- Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer 2023 internship program
College credit and a small stipend.
To Apply: Send Resume and a short paragraph explaining your experience and why you want this internship to firstname.lastname@example.org