Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, with over 1 billion square feet in 19 countries, over $200B of gross AUM. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create a competitive advantage. As a top ranked U.S. company among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis Ventures and Prologis’ Global Design & Innovation team is seeking a passionate and entrepreneurial summer associate to evaluate alternative building materials with a focus on sustainability and the impact of such materials on the current state of industrial real estate design and construction. You will interact with industry experts and executives at incumbents and startups. You will help craft our testing, design, procurement, and investment strategies around alternative building materials from a triple-bottom-line perspective in alignment with our broader net-zero objectives.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Assisting in developing a long-term strategy for the validation, testing, rollout, and investment in sustainable building materials.
- Market mapping and research around alternative building materials specifically focused on concrete and steel alternatives through a triple-bottom-line perspective.
- Helping manage the pilot and procurement process for alternative building materials, including RFOI/RFQ/RFP processes.
- Partnering with construction innovation managers and local development teams to identify pilot projects for testing alternative building materials.
- Evaluating startups in the alternative building materials space.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Structural, Civil, Environmental) or materials science
- Currently pursuing M.S/or/Ph.D. or an MBA (preferred but not required).
- Motivated, high energy, organized, detailed-oriented, nimble, and excited about sustainability, building design and construction, entrepreneurship, and the startup/innovation ecosystem.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative team player, including the ability to quickly establish rapport with all stakeholders, including members of our team management teams and senior executives.
- Experience designing and implementing procurement/partnership strategies, including RFI/RFQ/RFP processes.
- Familiarity with building design and/or construction
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an ability to distill complex information into a simplified message.
- Self-starter who can prioritize and manage concurrent priorities and projects in an ambiguous environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Creative mindset and willingness to take on new challenges.
Undergraduate Hiring Hourly Pay of: $30.00.
Graduate Hiring Hourly Pay of: $45.00.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
San Francisco, California