Ontario Teachers Pension Plan
Teachers’ Venture Growth (TVG) focuses on late-stage venture and growth equity investments in companies that use technology to disrupt incumbents and create new sectors. We seek to capitalize on significant global opportunities for investment in the new businesses and sectors that are emerging because of unprecedented technological change.
Our global team invests in companies from around the world that have a proven business model and a known path to market.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with the investment team and be involved across all aspects of the transaction process. As an MBA Summer Intern, you will evaluate emerging themes, technologies and business sectors, conduct financial analysis, support commercial due diligence and help prepare investment memos. You will also help optimize and apply the use of data to the investment process.
Who You’ll Work With
You will collaborate with a team of 20-25 investment professionals across Toronto, San Francisco, London, and Hong Kong, working primarily with Principals and Associates, but also have exposure to senior members of TVG.
You will be exposed to other investment classes and functional groups within Ontario Teachers’. As part of the investment and due diligence process, you may also have exposure to industry experts, advisors, and management teams of start-ups.
What You’ll Do
As a member of the team, you will:
- Learn about the application of disruptive technologies to new and emerging sectors
- Gain exposure to tech-enabled business models across different industries
- Be highly involved in evaluating investment opportunities including assessing key performance indicators and metrics used within the venture capital industry
- Work directly with investment teams to manage due diligence efforts including developing financial models and conducting market analysis
- Conduct research on new and emerging technologies, sectors and trends
- Pull together, organize and centralize data across multiple sources. Research and apply best practices on data cleansing and analytics to applications in the investment process
- Be involved in thoughtful dialogue and discussions on potential investment opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of Investment Committee and other internal memos
What You’ll Need
- You are a current student in a competitive MBA program
- Strong academic track record
- Passionate about and demonstrated interest in investing, emerging technology innovations, and venture capital
- Strong financial and analytical skills including accounting knowledge and financial modeling
- Data-driven with strong research and analytical skills; Experience working with data is preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a high motivation to learn
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- This position will be in San Francisco. Limited travel may be required
What We’re Offering
- An inclusive and welcoming work environment
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development, including lunch and learns, networking and online learning through Degreed, which offers thousands of resources on various different subjects
- Student-led team building events on a monthly basis
- Several forums, including Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), for colleagues to connect, share ideas and build community
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
Ontario Teachers’ is a globally minded organization and we take pride in ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How To Apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Submit your application online at http://www.otpp.com/careers and apply to requisition #4521. The following documents are required to be uploaded with your application:
- Cover letter
- Copy of your transcripts
- Once your resume is uploaded, you may use the ‘upload’ button to attach more documents such as those required and outlined above.
You will also be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application. This portion of your application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Please note that as part of our eligibility criteria it is required you are available to begin on or before May 1, 2023 for onboarding and training purposes.