If you’re passionate about helping a Fortune 100 company drive their strategy forward through innovative product development and advancing strategic partnerships to protect customers (and their pets), then Nationwide’s Strategy and Corporate Development Office might be the place for you!
Job Description Summary
Nationwide Ventures invests in early-stage startups that are shaping the future of insurance and financial services. The team manages a $350M fund, a growing portfolio of 30+ companies and focuses its investments across six thematic areas: mobility, the future of work, property technology, living in retirement, enterprise infrastructure, and cybersecurity.
- Performs in-depth industry, technology, and investment research, benchmarking, and analysis alongside the team to support investment theses and investment decisions.
- Supports deal underwriting efforts/deal diligence, inclusive of analyzing business models, markets, products, and team construction for potential investments, research industry sectors and competitors.
- Builds financial and analytical models and conducts sensitivity analyses on prospect investments and portfolio companies.
- Supports Nationwide Ventures day-to-day operations, assisting with quarterly reporting and portfolio analysis.
- Supports operational activities including internal business partner management, internal and external marketing efforts, and participates in conferences and other external events to promote Nationwide Ventures in the entrepreneurial and venture capital ecosystem.
- Experience or deep interest in the startup and/or the technology ecosystem.
- Analytical and/or modeling skills developed through related experience in venture capital, the startup ecoystem and/or company building a plus.
- Experience specifically in the financial services (FinTech) or insurance (InsurTech) industry sectors a plus.
We have an array of benefits to fit your needs, including: medical/dental, paid time off plus nine paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, company-paid pension plan, business casual attire, and more. To learn more about the benefits we offer, click here.
Nationwide is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels challenged, appreciated, respected and engaged. Nationwide prohibits discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any characteristic (or classification) protected by applicable law.