Lake Star Capital
As an Investment Intern at Lakestar you will work closely with our investment team in a combination of market research, screening of deals, and due diligence on potential investments. During this 3 to 6 months program you will have the opportunity to develop and strengthen your (financial & business) modelling skills, dive into the global tech ecosystem, gain insight into venture capital dynamics, meet and work with some of the best tech entrepreneurs, have a top-down view on the challenges of building a company, and start building your professional network and personal brand.
Support Research and Screening
- Market research: Perform independent research sprints and market deep dives to build knowledge and expertise for one of our core investment theses (Climate Tech, Health Tech, Fin Tech, Deep Tech, Games & Media, Horizontal Software, Vertical Software). This includes market size & growth analyses, identification of key industry trends, and company mapping & screening
- Knowledge sharing: Prepare knowledge pieces to share key learnings and insights from you market analyses with the broader investment team and enable cross-theses pattern recognition and support
- Screening: Conduct first high-level evaluation of companies and build a short-list of most promising investment opportunities identified through your market research, in-bound or out-bound channels
Support Investment Due Diligence
- Due diligence: Team up with Associates and Analysts to develop investment insights and investment hypotheses, by conducting market, product, customer, competitor, and financial due diligence
- Investment case: Support the deal team with company valuations, exist scenario modelling, and investment case analysis
- Decision material: Help prepare relevant documents for various stage of the investment process summarizing and structuring key learnings and investment hypotheses to facilitate an investment decision
- Outstanding academics with a university degree and relevant practical experience in the field of top tier consulting, private equity / venture capital, or technology start up.
- Strong executive presence and excellent communication & networking skills
- Strong analytical skills and interest in further developing (financial & business) modeling skills
- Tech-savvy and passion for innovation and technology
- Process-driven orientation with clear ability to make the complex simple – dive deep and put large amounts of information into context to help build a thesis around companies, industries, competitors
- Highly independent and hands-on work attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Collaborative work attitude, team-player with high standards of professional and ethical conduct
Founded in 2012 Lakestar has emerged as Europe’s leading multi-stage VC investor in Technology focused startups. Uniquely pan-European in both location and focus, we have been successful in forming a diverse investment team with deep operational and thesis based expertise, across a number of industries, as well as building crucial senior-level access to political and regulatory circles across Europe.
Lakestar has more recently backed a number of Europe’s most ambitious technology entrepreneurs, backing companies such as accuRx, Eigen, Glovo, Isar Aerospace, Pitch, sennder, TerraQuantum, and Yapily. In 2021 Lakestar had also pioneered the first Tech SPAC in Europe, listed in Frankfurt. Earlier notable investments include Revolut, Blockchain, Oscar and Spotify.
The team is passionate about investing in strong European companies and helping them develop a global footprint.
Lakestar. VC for the world’s tech entrepreneurs.
Visit us on LinkedIn and our website www.lakestar.com