In-Q-Tel (IQT) is a not-for-profit that serves and powers the national security interests of the U.S. and its allies, providing the most sophisticated source of strategic technical knowledge, insights, and capabilities. IQT powers its partners ahead of the curve through cutting-edge research, strategic investments, exploration and applied research, and acceleration of capabilities.
IQT’s International Team is seeking an intern to assist the team throughout the pre-deal process in supporting diligence efforts such as joining phone calls and meetings with prospective Portfolio Companies, as well as assisting in the creation of deal documents. The team is seeking an intern who is eager to analyze global trends and our work to date, to help drive future strategies in support of increasing and improving IQT’s brand awareness and understanding around the world, as well as increasing our value to our Government Partners.
- Aid in the diligence and preparation of IQTI products such as Meeting Notes, COIs, and Seed Consult Documents
- Participate on diligence calls with Pipeline Companies and Venture Capital companies
- Lead and assist with analytical efforts (see anticipated projects below)
- Analysis of global trends as they relate to venture capitalism and emerging technology
- Analysis of the team’s investments to date to include breadth and depth of technology areas, company location, Customer impact, etc. to help develop a strategy for the team’s future investment focus areas
- Provide ad hoc support as needed
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Prefer candidates who are pursuing a graduate degree in Business, International Operations, or other related fields or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive, self-starter attitude
- Ideally has some prior experience (or at least strong coursework) related to investing, venture capitalism, and/or entrepreneurship
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.