Holtzbrinck Digital is a leading investor in digital business models. Our investment focus is on startups and companies in our three business areas: Digital Science, Education and Content. In addition to our direct investments, we have stakes in more than 500 startups across all industries through our role as LPs in leading venture capital funds. We work closely with the management teams of our companies and support them with operational help and advice.
We are looking for an Investment Analyst Intern (m/f/d) who would like to be a full-fledged part of our investment team for three to six months. You will be involved in sourcing the market for exciting VC investment opportunities, joining live pitches and supporting due diligence processes; and in the process gaining direct insight into our investment decisions.
The role is based in Munich, starting immediately.
Deal Sourcing / Market Research
- The most exciting startups are just around the corner and could come from a variety of sources – help us identify the next unicorn in their sector
- Identify new trends and market conditions in our sectors
Deal Evaluation / Due Diligence
- Contact and participate in live pitches with founders
- Support the investment process by building a data-driven investment case to aid in decision making
- Preparing materials for the investment committee
- You are welcome to take the initiative to share your ideas on how to better serve our portfolio companies
- Support ongoing operational assistance or processes for our portfolio companies
- Have completed at least 3 semesters in your bachelor studies
- Passion for new technologies, digital business models, startup and VC landscape
- Previous internship experience in consulting, finance, strategy or tech. Prior experience in VC/PE, accelerators and/or startups would be a bonus, but not necessary
- Familiar with basic accounting principles
- Familiar with using Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel in a business context
- We are a bilingual office – being fluent in both English and German would be very helpful
What We Offer:
- 3-6 months internship with a competitive salary
- If you are looking for creative freedom and personal responsibility in an international environment – this is the place for you. We are excited to have you come and spearhead meaningful projects during your time with us
- We appreciate your contribution – that’s why your intensive support is important to us in promoting your personal and professional development
- We’ll support your travel to the office with a monthly travel allowance
- A modern co-working office building in the heart of Munich awaits you
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you as a step into the world of VC and startups, then we look forward to getting to know you. Please reach out with your CV to Stephanie Forster for the role of an Investment Analyst Intern.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for all. We strive to create an inclusive work environment that gives all our employees the opportunity to grow. Our search for the best talent fully embraces and promotes these values and principles.