GM Ventures, LLC, headquartered in Warren, MI, was formed in 2010 as the Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) arm of General Motors, LLC. GM Ventures’ primary mission is to identify and fund early-stage startup companies that will accelerate the introduction of innovative technologies and improve GM’s competitiveness. GM Ventures is focusing on investments in the Electrification Eco-System, Connecting the Customer, Autonomous Experience and Digital Enterprise and other technologies as required. A small dedicated team is currently evaluating hundreds of companies with a dedicated source of capital to invest. We are committed to quality in the services we provide and, in the people that join our team. We are seeking an intern who is ready to jump in and help our top tier venture team.
- Support investment team with new start-up leads that align with the values and investment themes of GM Ventures
- Track industry trends and comprehensive competitive mapping for industry verticals
- Track and build reports
- Support fund’s activities including but not limited to the following: build compelling data driven presentations; assist portfolio companies; and promote GM Ventures both internally and externally
Additional Job Description
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or a Master’s program
- Must be Junior status or higher.
- Pursuing a degree with focus business, finance, economics, engineering, or data analytics
- Passionate about problem solving and driving disruptive innovation
- Strong analytical, research, and critical thinking skills
- Able to deal with a significant amount of ambiguity
- Strong curiosity about facing challenges head-on
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work both independently, as well as within a team
The median salary range for this position in Colorado is $5500/month. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.