About the firm: Glynn Capital is focused on investments in leading private and public technology growth companies. We seek to be long-term investors in a limited number of excellent companies with world-class management teams, attractive business models, and long-term growth potential. More about our firm can be found at glynncapital.com.
Position Summary: Glynn Capital is looking for a Summer Associate Intern who will join us for the upcoming summer. The ideal candidate is a university student willing to commit 8-12 weeks to a hybrid internship. Primary responsibilities will be collaborating with the investment team on sourcing, research, data management, and special project planning. The individual will work on the venture capital team with an opportunity to focus on value creation for pipeline companies and portfolio companies. This requires being resourceful and having a willingness to learn.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Research companies, competitors, market landscapes, etc.
· Prepare reports and meeting notes for internal team and present findings and/or recommendations.
· Work collaboratively with manager, investment team, and other interns.
· Collaborate on sourcing new opportunities.
· Support event and/or special project planning initiatives.
· Support portfolio company requests with investment team as needed.
Basic Job Requirements:
Current MBA student expecting to graduate in 2024.
· Demonstrated passion for disruptive technology.
· Demonstrated excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Basic modeling experience. Prior VC/PE investing experience is not required, but a plus.
· Highly organized, resourceful. Able to work autonomously.
· The ideal candidate has strong analytical abilities and is intellectually curious – particularly in terms of new and emerging technologies.
· Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents).
· Well-versed in project management and execution of high-level initiatives.
· Detail-oriented with ambition to drive results – a “get it done” mentality.
· Dependable and well-organized with good follow-through.
Culture & Values:
· Team player with no ego, comfortable with collaboration within a flat organization.
· Personable and approachable.
· Exhibits high integrity, committed to ethical behavior and a culture of accountability.
· Resourceful self-starter who knows how to work within a partially remote team and environment.
· Enjoys working on a small team.
· Paid internship.
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience; expected range of $25-40/hour.