At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.Additional information about the Company’s businesses and products is available on http://www.galaxy.com.What We ValueWe are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Persona TypesGalaxy Ventures interns come from many backgrounds, from STEM to the social sciences. Generally, Ventures interns fall into particular personas that drive their work.
- Analyst – studying financial metrics, business models, and deal structures.
- Protocol Specialist – understanding protocols and applications from the inside out
- Data Scientist – seeing the trends as they exist today and predicting their trajectories.
- Protocol Engineer – building protocols and applications from scratch.
Focus Areas of CryptoDespite the nascent nature of crypto, there are numerous focus areas that you can specialize in. Every day people realize the intersection of new fields with blockchain, such as generative art to network contagion, group dynamics to zero-knowledge proofs. This list is not exhaustive.
- NFTs – nonfungible tokens, aka digital collectibles
- DeFi – financial applications on a blockchain
- Virtual Machines / languages – what smart contracts are written in
- Consensus – how blockchains run
- Governance/coordination mechanisms – how to update decentralized applications
- Mining / Staking – maintenance of a blockchain
- Web3 – applications of decentralized technology
- Mechanism Design- how to ensure blockchains are incentive-compatible
- MEV – Mining / Maximal extract value, e.g., front running, PBS, etc
What You’ll Do
- Conduct diligence on investment opportunities alongside Investment Partners.
- Write investment memos that justify an investment and note its risks..
- Analyze financial metrics and performance.
- Study technological mechanisms and compare/contrast.
- Evaluate legal agreements.
- Evaluate founders, executives, and team.
- Source new investment opportunities through personal network, reach outs, and interaction with the community.
- Develop coherent theses and predictions about market, and identity companies, protocols, and web3 applications which suit the thesis.
- Technical candidates: write Solidity code, demo portfolio company technology, and analyze codebases.
- Naturally curious individual who lives and breathes crypto
- Have interacted extensively onchain and understands what’s going on
- Independent thinker and initiative taker
- High slope
- Team player