Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for patients with neurodegenerative diseases (including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and ALS) through deep commitment to understanding degeneration biology and rigorously applying the principles of translational medicine.Denali is seeking a Corporate Development Intern.
The Intern will be part of the Corporate Development team and collaborate closely with R&D leadership and executive team members to source and execute new partnerships, and lead project(s) related to Denali’s corporate strategy.
Corporate Development Responsibilities
- Source and review new partnering opportunities that enable the company’s scientific and business objectives
- Develop and recommend proposed deal structures, including financial terms
- Support decision-making throughout the deal process and give presentations/recommendations to senior management
- Support negotiations of term sheets and contracts with potential partners in collaboration with Legal and Finance
- Develop and present on corporate strategy and program strategy, including working closely with other functions, including R&D and Investor Relations
- Develop and present on portfolio strategy, including working closely with Denali’s Portfolio Planning team
- Interface closely with project teams to help coordinate Denali’s existing alliances
- Completed first year of an MBA program
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, consulting, finance or biopharma business development
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence
- Energetic, result-driven, self-starter with a strong executive presence, collaborative mindset, and ability to think strategically and analytically
- Good business instincts and fluency in finance, business analytics and valuation methodologies
- Outstanding oral and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Skillful presenter of scientific, business and financial topics to executives
- Solid understanding of the drug discovery, development and commercialization process, and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with R&D leadership
- Some fluency in the language of science; undergraduate and/or graduate degree in science or medicine is a plus
- Knowledge of neurodegenerative diseases and partnering landscape is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Start Date: June 2023
- Length of Assignment: 12 weeks
- Location: South San Francisco, CA
- Job Type: Paid Internship