Summer analysts will experience the culture of BlockTower Capital and take on core responsibilities of a full-time analyst on the VC team (”BTVC”), including a variety of initiatives with a primary focus on research. In addition, summer analysts will have the opportunity to source deals, conduct due diligence, make meaningful contributions to live projects, and interact with BTVC’s portfolio companies as part of strategic projects. BTVC summer analysts will gain an immersive orientation to the firm and learn about the broader culture at BlockTower Capital. At the end of the program, summer analysts will become well-versed in a variety of complex subject matters and have a deep understanding of the current state of early-stage crypto investing. Summer analysts will have opportunities to work on live deals, exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors, and senior managers across the industry.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIE S
- Conduct rigorous, in-depth research into existing and emerging themes and aspects of the digital asset ecosystem
- Create thoughtful research-based reports to present to both the VC team and broader firm
- Develop comprehensive market maps of high-interest industry verticals
- Analyze detailed corporate and project information and help prepare investment memorandum materials
- Partake in internal calls as well as external meetings, such as diligence calls with founders
- Share ideas and source deals with the VC team and broader firm
- Analyze financial information, data and updates from BTVC’s portfolio companies, and share analyses
- Support BTVC portfolio companies with strategic initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & REQUIREMENT S
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree at a U.S. university
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Possess basic knowledge of and a keen interest in the cryptocurrency industry
- Analytical, adaptive, multi-tasker and team player
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to spend the duration of the summer in NYC
APPLICATION & PROGRAM D ETAILS
The program is highly selective, and only two applicants will be chosen to spend the summer with our team. Candidates with business and/or technical backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applications open on Wednesday, March 29th and are due no later than Monday, April 14th at 5p EST — we encourage you to apply early and interviews will begin immediately on a rolling basis.
- Duration & Location: a nine-week program, beginning Monday, June 5th and ending
Friday, August 4th, based in New York City.
- Application: interested applicants should submit their resume + complete the application via this Typeform.
BlockTower Venture Capital is a next-generation venture investment fund applying the skills of crypto-native and traditional venture to the rapidly evolving web3 space. We back digital asset companies, projects, networks, and DAOs globally with a strategy and structure designed to win across markets and opportunities. BlockTower VC is one of three primary funds comprising BlockTower Capital, an institutional investment firm founded in 2017, applying professional trading, venture investing, credit underwriting, and portfolio management to digital and traditional assets. BlockTower manages greater than $500m in total assets under management with 30 employees based out of Miami, FL and New York, NY. Learn more about BlockTower VC here.